Search results

1. brandon

B'S 30B build Frag Tank

Hi all ty for stopping by. Well for a while now ive wanted a small frag tank of mine for many reasons. So friday me, my gf, and my kid were fishing at the river by my apartment and all of a sudden my gf says we should go to the fish store so you can start another tank. I was thrilled so i said...
  2. brandon

led's for the money

Im wanting to switch to less from t-5s but im not looking to break the bank. I've been looking at the crew e shine 60w fixture. So I called eshine and they are no longer making that fixture and are out of supply. The ecotech radions are a little out of my budget at $750 a unit. Im looking to...
  3. brandon

Media Crash

hi all i added a 2 little fishes media reactor yesterday with a cup of seachem de nitrate and in the other compartment of the media filter i added half a cup of chracoal. when i woke up this morning my tank is cloudy my zenias look like they are melting most of my sps is dead, my mushrooms look...
  4. brandon

Brandons 46g

Ok heard about this Aqua vitro brand line of reef chemicals. I have heard good reviews. Im personally trying the bottle called fuel "ignites coral growth". Im gonna do then and now pics starting today and repost comparison shots every 2-3 weeks to check the coral growth. The description on...
  5. brandon

spaghetti worm

I have them and have extracted one. I hae a few more in the tank. I couldn't find any info on them good or bad. I need to know if i can leave them or if i should take them out.
  6. brandon

how do you feel about alk in your tank?

I wanted to do a poll to see how important alk is to you in your reef tank.
  7. brandon

new coral

I just bought this today at my lfs i know its a scoly but what is the exact name anyone know?
  8. brandon

wanting a new coral

Hey guys thanks for reading. Going to my lfs today and wanted to buy a new coral. Kinda leaning towards and sps coral. Any ideas of colorful sps you think i should get? Or any corals you would recomend?
  9. brandon

rainbow monti

I bought a rainbow montipora about a week ago and it started to bleach. The lfs i bought it from had it under a 400w 20,000k and 3 250w 15,000k lights. My problem is it started to bleach. It was about 3/4 of the way up my tank. I moved it down to about half way in the tank. Does any one know...
  10. brandon

cooling fans

Hi and thank you for reading this. Does anyone know a good website to order cooling fans for a canopy?
  11. brandon

unknown coral

Does any one have any idea what kind of mushroom this is? It loves direct feeds and it uses its little tentacles like an anemone to pull the food to its mouth. Its got a orange mouth and green body.
  12. brandon

ballast problems

Hi thank you for reading this. i just bought a 2x175w metal halides with electronic ballast retro fit kit and i built a canopy for it and hooked everything up and one bulb just flashes here and there and the other doesnt do anything. The ballast has a fan and that turns on and off like every 2...
  13. brandon

slime

Hey al thanks for reading this. I have a 75 g reef tank but im constantly battling red slime. It ust to be red but now its black. I tested my water and did a bunch of water changes and its helped slow it down. Im wondering if its on of my light fixtures. I have a odysea 4 bulb t5 h/o light and i...
  14. brandon

brand new

Hi all my name is Brandon, I heard this is the best web site on salt water information and i was hopeing to learn a lot from everyone on here. Im always up for tips and suggestions. :jester: