Search results

1. D

Favorite MH bulb(s)?

I've used 250w SE CV10k's for about 1yrs,color was great but growth wasn't all that.The bulb actually looks like a 14k on my IC ballast.I then tried the XM10k and my IC had trouble firing it after a couple weeks and i thought it looked too yellow for a 10k.I have since gone back to 250w `sakis...
  2. mandarin goby

mandarin goby

3. lord

lord

I got this as a single polyp 1-10-05 It has sprouted 6 baby polyps in 2 months
  4. D

Post your enchinophylias!

I found this piece of Echinopora a few weeks ago while browsing the LFS
  5. D

cherry picks 2/24

in that secopnd pic,is that Leptoseris or Agaricia?I love those kinda unusual corals.I gotta small piece of Atlantic Agaricia that looks identical to it.
  6. D

how much did you pay

For your 40 breeder right?I'm building one for mine(same tank) right now,I expect it to be less than $60 for the wood,another 40 for stain/paint/hinges/molding,etc..Probably will have about 7-9 hrs of labor into it. Just cant see paying these outrageous prices for cabinetry that is often...
  7. D

Blastos!

Beautiful mufflerguy I just went to the all-purpose pet store tonight to buy some salt.Looked at there pathetic display tank and found some B.wellsi.There are about 2 adult polyps,1 med polyp and 3 baby polyps.The kid working back there said they were mushrooms and $12 takes it.Its the same...
  8. D

Trachy placement

agreed,Most of them being sold as Wellsophyllia seems to have attachment scars on the bottom of skeleton.However,that genus has been eliminated and they are all called T.geoffroyi.They are adapted to living in the sand so dont worry to much about sand being stirred up on them.Loves to eat if...
  9. D

Best MH bulb....

I couldn't agree more,I just switched from 250CV10k's(new style-too blue) to 6.5k 'sakis.Can you say "bright"Its unbelievable,I can grow acros on the bottom of my 16" deep tank and have them color up.In fact,most of my acro's dont like it directly under the bulb(mille's do).It's designed for a...
  10. D

Show us your prop/frag tanks!

Here's my little 30 frag tank,gettin ready to change over to a 40 breeder soon.
  11. D

Blastos!

here's my latest find[/IMG]
  12. B.wellsi

B.wellsi

13. D

elegance tank

I just now got to see your first pic and to be honest it doesn't look very healthy(shriveled tentacles).I agree with Shimek,many are collected from turbid,silty bottoms partilally buried,in your pics,your Elegance seems to be perched on LR,Does yours have a conical skeleton typical of a sand...
  14. D

blasto frags avail.. going quick

where are they availiable at?
  15. D

elegance tank

I wish i knew the answer,Most reports i've heard usually start showing symptoms within 3 months.
  16. D

elegance tank

I'm just saying that even in my high nutrient laggonal tank,PO4 and No3 are still undetectable.Many of the organics that make up such an environment aren't able to be tested for and much of it is in the substrate.
  17. D

elegance tank

looks like in that pic yours is starting to show some of the symptoms.High nutrients doesn't mean high NO3,NO3 isn't usually abundant even in lagoons.IME with elegance and PC's,mine thrived for a coule months before it started showing symptoms.I also shipped a seemingly healthy Cat purchased at...
  18. D

elegance tank

I disagree with Fenner,not all C.jardenei are collected from intertidal seagrass areas,furthermore all corals have a remarkable ability to adapt to lighting/nutrient level. I dont think the pathogen that these corals suffer from is dependent on a med-high light/low nutrient environment.Back in...
  19. D

Diy Ballast Setup

sure,that would be great
  20. D

Diy Ballast Setup

great job,I use Advance H37 ballast for my `saki,Advance is a good ballast IMO,Where did you order your ballast?I've been looking for a M80 but cant seem to find just the ballast