Search results

1. Origami2547

Boomer - Brightwell Kalk+2 question

Sure, Mike. It's at RC: Reef Central Online Community - For our chemists - Brightwell Kalk+2
  2. Origami2547

I asked this same Q in another forum where I hoped to get Boomer's attention. He posted the following brilliant response which I replicate here for this community: So answer me this, how would i get 2000mg/L of magnesium in my effluent if the MAG precipitate in the kalkstirrer and never...
  3. Origami2547

There's a discussion going on over at my local society's board (WAMAS) about different sources of kalkwasser. The discussion has zeroed in on Brightwell's Kalk+2 which claims to add magnesium and strontium to the calcium hydroxide. Much of what I've read by RHF and you, Boomer, seems to...
  4. Origami2547

Vortech Mp20 & Mp40 Groupbuy!

I sent a PM and received a reply in a day or so.
  5. Origami2547

API Ca test

20 ppm per drop, therefore 500 ppm Ca.
  6. Origami2547

tds readings

Check the water coming right out of the RO/DI output rather than taking a reading off of the stuff that may have been sitting in the jug. You may yet get the same reading, but better to know that you're not getting readings from some jug contaminant.
  7. Origami2547

Neptune Systems Aquacontroller III, NIB

Sorry for the delay. No, it wasn't an oversight. I actually had more and was going to save a couple to offer up to my local club (which I've not gotten around to yet). For now, though, these units are sold.
  8. Origami2547

No. This is just a brand new controller with a temperature probe. You would add accessories that you deemed necessary to run your set up.
  9. Origami2547

I have two brand new, never used (new in box) Neptune Systems Aquacontroller III's (backlight) with temperature probe available for sale. The list price on this base unit is $299.95, or $284.95 if part of a package, but I'll let each go for $250 (firm) plus $10 shipping (in the US). All...
  10. Origami2547

Radiums on sale

Just a heads up for users of this bulb. They're on sale now (about $65 each) at: Specials, Aquarium supplies & Aquarium lighting by Hamilton Technology
  11. Origami2547

Air Water and Ice Typhoon RO/DI Unit

John, I've had my Typhoon III set up since last September and it's doing great. You've made a solid choice. It must be nice to have them just down the road. My wife's got some relatives down in Jensen Beach so maybe I'll have to stop by their place sometime when I'm down there and needing some...
  12. Origami2547

timeing with lights

Your signature seems to indicate that you're still just setting up your system. If not and if you have corals in your tank, if you're upgrading to more light, then you're going to want to ease into the new light schedule to give the organisms in your tank time to acclimate. Acclimation could...
  13. Origami2547

Welcome to RS, John.
  14. Origami2547

Is my anemone dying?

Hi Jay. Before you're going to have any luck at all with keeping your inverts alive, you're going to have to first get your nitrates under control. Fish can tolerate higher nitrate levels but many inverts, anemones, etc. cannot. That should be your first order of business. Now, you've been...
  15. Origami2547

Beware Oceanic Stands

Sorry to hear that you have to go through all that, Lynn. It's probably just me, but I think there's an element of self-protection that Oceanic's involved in here. By getting you to accept the replacement and by taking possession of the possibly defective stand, they're covering their back...
  16. Origami2547

Amonia detected, what should I do?

LOL. Wouldn't that be a nice and tidy ending to the mystery!
  17. Origami2547

Dead Pepermint?

Hey plecosword, what's that growing on the back wall in your first picture? Do or did you have a cyanobacteria outbreak underway? Makes me wonder if you might really have a nitrate problem despite your test reading. Do you have any way of getting a second independent measurement on nitrates and...
  18. Origami2547

Amonia detected, what should I do?

Certainly dead & dying sponges could account for the spike. Do your water change and monitor the situation. Do more water changes as necessary. If you've got a well-established biological filter, the spike should pass quickly.
  19. Origami2547

Dead Pepermint?

Freshly mixed saltwater is often very basic (basic is the opposite of acidic. Acidic is a pH below 7 while basic is above 7) because it is starved for CO2. That's why we typically aerate & age our freshly mixed saltwater before putting it in our displays (to let the pH stabilize). What is the...
  20. Origami2547

RS for Mobile Devices

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices I'm on a Cingular (AT&T) 8525, also known as the HTC Hermes. It's a WM6 PPC platform running IE mobile. these forum posts are bordered with lots of white space.) Posts are only 12 characters wide in portrait mode, and 26 characters across in landscape. So I can...