Search results

1. certainti420

My tomato clowns laid eggs!!! Now What

I agree seeing as how I haven't got the slightest clue where to begin I think I will just see what happens while I research the world of breeding and rearing clownfish
  2. certainti420

Thanks Dr Hank, thats kind of what I expected but we will see what happens.
  3. certainti420

Well I have had a pair of clown fish for about 7 or 8 months now. At first I didn't think they would actually become a mating pair. I purchased them on a whim because i was not familiar with clowns and I already had an anemone. So the tomatoes being the cheapest I bought them 2 bright orange...
  4. certainti420

My tank is having a Birthday

Thanks it's been an interesting year:bouncer:
  5. certainti420

More to come tomorrow night
  6. certainti420

I next bought one of my favorite reef fish a flame angel my tank was around six months old at this point. He did very well for a couple of months never showing any signs of health issues and eating healthily one day I found laying on the bottom of the tank underneath the anemone so I am thinking...
  7. certainti420

Once I notice that my nitrate levels have spiked and stabilized I started changing the water a little at a time about 3 gallons a day until my nitrates were undetectable I added my first fish a beautiful blue velvet damsel not yet knowing that beauty isn't everything this fish turned out be an...
  8. certainti420

I bought my tank on March 19, 2008. I bought some saltwater and live sand from my LFS and started the cycling process around the 28th. I kept it running, throwing in a table shrimp every couple weeks. About a month later I ordered 25 lbs of live rock and took my first pics so never wanting to...
  9. certainti420

I wanted to take the time to give everyone here at RS a chance to glimpse the growing and maturing of my infant reef tank. I must say that if it was not for the kind people here at RS answering all of my questions and offering advice I would not have made it this far. I have been very lucky so...
  10. certainti420

Supplementing my lighting with the sun?

It won't really be harmful but you will have to watch the temp very closely and you will probably have an issue with algae if you do it for long periods of time I think the temperature would be your biggest issue I know you are in PA I lived in pittsburgh for a while I think that this time of...
  11. certainti420

I think I'm facing a crisis!!

Thanks for the link
  12. certainti420

No I don't have it hooked up I don't have the right tools and I really don't know what I am doing. Any pointers?
  13. certainti420

I went to my LFS yesterday to get some water and wouldn't you know all the tanks have been broken down and I saw the owner of another LFS buying all the DT's and taking them to his shop. The place I get my water from is closing. I still have a place to get fish and corals so thats good but the...
  14. certainti420

help me pick my background color.

+1 for Black!! I think that black will make all the amazing colors that saltwater fish come in POP. Here is a pic of my tank with a black background ( although I used paint). I know that you will be using this tank for breeding but why not let your fish look as beautiful as possible...
  15. certainti420

My corals aren't eating

About a week ago I added two new corals to my tank, a galaxea and a brain coral I have yet to see either of them extend their tentacles to eat I have tried target feeding them but the food just sits there until the fish eat it or the current blows it off. All my other tank inhabitants are eating...
  16. certainti420

Need Help quick!

In my overflow box I don't use a sponge, but I do use filter pads they allow water to pass through much faster than a sponge and they do reduce the gurgling noise but one major con of doing this is it does get clogged rather fast so you will need to clean it at least twice a week and completely...
  17. certainti420

DIY Light?

It sounds to me like one of those street lamp bulbs. In which case I am sure it will be intense enough for a reef tank but the heat it admits would fry your tank in few hours you would have to hang it at least four feet or more away from your tank but I don't know how intense the light would be...
  18. certainti420

Anemone Club Members

Ok well I am not officially a member of the anemone club but I would like to be. Here are a few pretty cool pics of my Long Tentacle Anemone being hosted by my tomato clown pair. I hope everyone likes my pics and I hope I get an invite to join the club. :jumprope:
  19. certainti420

Please help ID these??

Whats the genus and species name for them I am not getting the right results when I type in galaxia coral..
  20. certainti420

Please help ID these??

Thanks I will look those up.