Search results

1. N

Starfish ID

Please help me to ID this. Also Please not this is Not a Red Knobby Star as I have several they are not as fat and do not have a mouth in the center.
  2. N

Protein skimmer pump stopped working

Hi I have an ASM G1 X protein skimmer. Yesterday I noticed it the pump wasn't working so I tried some different outlets and its not turning on. Is it possible it got fried somehow?
  3. N

anemone dissapeared

My rose anemone dissapeared after being gone for 2 days.My powerheads are covered and I can't find it on the back of rocks. Can it deteriorate if it died in just 2 days?
  4. N

Purple LTA ?

I just bought a purple LTA. It is more of a dark dull purple than I would have liked. I have a 6 bulb tek t5 system. Do you think it isn't as bright because I don't have Halides? If I got a different anemone would it look any different? I've seen some very bright purple ones almost a blue that's...
  5. N

conchs?

Are fighting conchs good or bad. I have 2 but noticed on the thigns you will never have in your tank again they are at the top of the list.
  6. N

Help me Decide

I am deciding between 2 pltas. I dont have pics. One is about 4 in when open and has more of see through purple tentacles for $85. But I am concerned it doesnt have many tentacles and it is not that purple.The othere is about 7 in when open and is a deeper more dull purple with a green mouth...
  7. N

Help me find an LTA

I've looked everywhere for a colorful LTA and can't find one. Any sugestions?
  8. N

flow through sump

So I did a water change this weekend stirred up the sand a bit and cleaned my filters. After the water change the flow in my sump slowed down drastically. Any ideas?
  9. N

Blue Spotted Jawfish and Watchman Goby?

I'm looking into getting a Watchman Goby and a Blue Spotted Jawfish for my 75G reef. I have a 3" deep sandbed. Will the two get along if added at the same time?
  10. N

2 Watchman in 75G?

Can I have a Wheeler's Watchman and a Yellow Watchman in a 75G?
  11. N

Rods food

I heard Rods food should only be feed 3 times a week or it will ruin my skimmer is this true?
  12. N

Cleaning an ASM G1X Skimmer

DOes anyone know how to clean this while in the sump. Complicated because It will not fit out from under my tank in the sump. I was wondering there is a piece under where the cup is thats curved and can't fit my hand in it to clean the skimmer does that come off ? How often should I clean this?
  13. N

75 G Capacity

Hey all, I have had my reef tank for a year now with lots of lps I have 2 Ocellaris Clowns 1 Mandarian 1 Royal Gramma 1 Watchman Goby 1 Clown Goby 1 Small Blue Tang 1 Coral Beauty 1 Cleaner Shrimp 1 Fire Shrimp 1 Pistol Shrimp I have an awesome ASM G1X Protein skimmer. I...
  14. N

DO NOT order from Exteme Corals

I ordered close to $200 worth of corals and got next day shipping. They never showed up and the owner is saying its my fault because I probably didn't pick them up. He hasn't called back about getting a credit or anything.
  15. N

Purple Long Tentacle Anemone

So who reccomends getting one? They look great butmy sandbed is only about 2 inches deep?
  16. N

Wierd?

I have 2 ocellaris clowns that I believe are paired up. I have a Sebae Anemone that they pop their head in the mouth but Don't sit in it and roll around in the tentacles? They don't stay in it. Any Ideas?
  17. N

3 Questions

1. Water Clearity My water clearity is horrible. It looks like theres millions of little pices of sand getting stirred up everywhere. I found some sand in my sump where my return pump is. Any ideas? 2. Pistol and Goby I have some type of brown pistol shrimp? I also have a wheelers...
  18. N

Scarlett Crabs ate my elegance coral

I bought and awesome pink tipped elegance coral and it was my favorite coral in the tank. About 2 weeks later my crabs got to it and ate the insides. They however don't touch my other corals. Is this because the elegance was in the sand? P.S. Does anyone know where to get a good wysiwyg plate...
  19. N

Red Algae

I keep getting a red algae outbreak in certain parts of my tank any ideas?
  20. N

I think my clown is about to host

My black ocellaris clown was swimming unusually close to my sabae last night. He kept swimming around by it and poking his head in by the mouth. He has not hosted as of today yet. He is even separating from his paired up partner to check this thing out. Does this mean he might host?