Search results

1. W

Great seller - steve76s

I bought a light from steve76s and received exactly what I was hoping for. I would recommend him to future buyers :) The light was well packaged and shipped fast. There was good communication and he provided tracking numbers. Thanks steve76s!
  2. clown and anemone

clown and anemone

From my 34 gallon solana tank.
  3. W

New to Nano

it has been a while. reefsurf, the mh i am using is Coralife 24 Inch Aqualight Pro, 1x250W HQI Lamp + 2x65W CF Lamps Sq. Pin + 2x1W LED. The skimmer I am using is the Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002. As for the dimensions of the back of the tank, I am not sure. I cut out the back to make...
  4. W

New to Nano

it continues here Reef Central Online Community - my solana build thread continues
  5. W

Show me your planted tank!

Update.. took a lot of stuff out. I'm trying to control an outbreak of bba. I heard that you should increase co2 and dose with Flourish. Anyone have any experience with bba/know how to get rid of it?
  6. W

New to Nano

You can get eggcrate at home depot in the lighting section :)
  7. W

New to Nano

Thanks fhj. Yeah, I wanted to leave some holes for some corals to grow out of. Just not sure what to put in them yet. Maybe a bubble or trumpet. I think I'm done buying sps for now. Think I'll just let the ones I have grow. Djbacon, a few post back it shows how I anchored the rocks. I used thin...
  8. W

strange looking wrinkly thing with 2 mouths

thanks for the replies. i'm glad to finally know what it is and that it will do no harm to my tank. :)
  9. W

strange looking wrinkly thing with 2 mouths

not sure what this is but it hitched a ride on my live rock. It looks to be some sort of filter feeder. It hasn't moved for about 2 weeks, not sure if it can. It wrinkles up an kinda looks like a dried prune. When it is feeding it swells up and the two mouths are open.. here are some pics.
  10. W

New to Nano

Upgrade - new light
  11. W

New to Nano

Thanks for your comments. One problem that came up was the change in level of my rocks. Some of the rocks that were covered with coralline were moved higher and closer to the mh lights. Well, the coralline turned white.. :( Hopefully they will start coloring up again.
  12. W

New to Nano

New rockscape with frag rack I really didn't like how my rocks were layed out and I noticed some dead spots where there was no flow. So I decided to redo my rockscape. Here is a pic of how my rocks were layed out. Here is the eggcrate I used to anchor the rocks. I also used...
  13. W

New to Nano

newest pic was the one from 5/29. yeah the seachem ammonia detector was on my first aquapod tank.. i have since upgraded to the solana tank. i'm going to redo the rockscape and plan to post some pics soon. thanks for the comments. wes
  14. W

New to Nano

Thanks. The mesh holes are a little bigger than the eggcrate. To make them smaller I doubled up on the mesh top. You can kinda see it in the above pic where I am rolling in the cord.
  15. W

New to Nano

Thanks Icstorc. Yeah, I had eggcrate but liked the look of the screen better. As for lighting, you are right. It does allow more light in. Here is a pic of the eggcrate top (notice a lot of light reflected toward the wall) And a pic of the netting top
  16. W

New to Nano

I stumbled across a thread on reefcentral about a diy screen top. I liked how the screen top looks better than the eggcrate. The materials Columbia diy screen kit - 10.38 Spline Roller - 3.45 Extra connectors - 2.57 Bird Block Netting - 9.97 All materials can be found at home depot...
  17. W

New to Nano

Well it has been a while since I posted some pics. My tank is doing well. Here are some new addition and updates. Purple tip Acro doing well Monti is doing well (some new growth) Hammer Coral is getting bigger Garf Bonsai with some new growth at the base Some new...
  18. W

Any ideas (white string looking things)

I have noticed about 10 of these things on some live rock I just added to the tank. It looks like a white string. It twitches in the water getting longer and shorter. Is it okay to leave in the tank or should I remove them with tweezers? Do they sting? (white stringy thing in the middle)
  19. W

How do I frag a Chalice Coral?

I bought a chalice coral that was receding from its edge. I paid only 10 dollars for it and it was my first piece. It has been doing really good and has a lot more color and tissue on it. I read that it won't grow out if there is algae on it. Well the parts that receded have coraline algae on...
  20. W

ricordea exploded? (help)

Well I took JWarrens advice and took my water to the LFS where I bought the ric's. There water - Salinity 1.025 Calcium 450 KH 12 My water Salinity 1.022 Calcium 370 KH 7 The LFS guy said he thinks I shocked them when I placed them in my tank cause of the low cal/kh I have. I...