Search results

1. B

Everything Must go!!!!

I need to dispose of my reef system and all related equipment by Aug 1.I live in the Milwaukee, WI area. 120gallon AGA 4x2x2ft tank Mission style stand and light hood 2 250MH, 2 96w Actinics, blue and red LED’s. Sump/fuge 4’x1’x16” Nautilus skimmer with pump 2 Mag 18 return pump3 2LF...
  2. B

Everything Must go!!!!

I need to dispose of my reef system and all related equipment by Aug 1.I live in the Milwaukee, WI area. 120gallon AGA 4x2x2ft tank Mission style stand and light hood 2 250MH, 2 96w Actinics, blue and red LED’s. Sump/fuge 4’x1’x16” Nautilus skimmer with pump 2 Mag 18 return pump3 2LF...
  3. B

Everything Must go!!!!

4. B

Boomer am I going crazy???

Boomer, I thought one of Randy's Mg recipes is 5cups Mg Chloride and 3 cups Mg Sulfate(epsom salts) to 1 gallon of water. I have it in my recipe notes, but it is not in Randy's DIY Mg article. What is up, am I crazy or got it from some other source that I can not remember. If you can help me...
  5. B

Gfo

I use BRS granulated GFO in a 2LittleFishes reactor and I fill it up about half way, and I mark the level, it runs at just a rolling boil, after about 4 weeks my level is 1" lower. Am I grinding it with too much flow? Or any other thoughts? TIA
  6. B

Korolia running in reverse

I have 3 #2s, and 3 #1s in my tank and for there performance, customer service and cost I love them. I have had them now for about 3 years so they are the older models. Yes they shutter and shake when started and sometimes jam and need a push to get going. So when I have to shut them off I...
  7. B

Just dodged a bullet!!!

I always check out my sump in the basement in the afternoon around 4-5pm, and sometimes in the late morning if I feel like it and am home, that is when it does its water change, I check PH and if it is the weekend I do a Ca and Alk test, Mg is about every 4 weeks. My tank is in the living room...
  8. B

Reef-A-Palooza, missed it already!!!!

So earlier in the week I get a new catalog from Marine Depot, well last night I open it up to read it and the second page in is a full page add for Reef-A-Palooza in Costa Mesa CA, Saturday and Sunday October 23 and 24th, 2009.
  9. B

Spacific Gravity and pumping volume?

I use a Toms Aqualifter pump to pump my Kalk water on a timer over a 24hr period. I also use one to pump 3qts of new salt water at 1.025 SG for an automatied WC. Both pumps are located at the same hieght and so are there supply containers so head preasure is the same for both as well as the...
  10. B

High PH

I have been dosing saturated Kalk for years and it is about 4qts a day. Since I quit smoking now my PH is running about 8.3 with dosing baking soda to keep my Alk at 8-10 dhk. Can I add vinegar to my Kalk to lower its PH and get the same Ca effect from it? I do not want to increase the amount of...
  11. B

Spotted Cardinals

I am thinking about buying some Spotted (Pajama) Cardinals. Are the like there counter part the Kauderns Cardinal where they will kill off the odd one? I bought 3 of those 2 years ago, one was banished to one side of the tank, then died then the pair lived for another year and one died and I...
  12. B

Tank water green this morning

I woke up this morning and my tank water was green, I have done nothing different, and all params are in spec. Help please, cannot see anything in the tank do to the green water but smells okay.
  13. B

Free Frogspawn

I have had a FrogSpawn for about 4 years that has split a number of times and now it is time to get rid of another multi head one that is stinging my Toad Stool and I have no place to put it other then in the fuge. It is free to someone who would like to pick it up, I live in a suberb of...
  14. B

Automated water changes

Boomer, I was doing 30gal /20% every 2 weeks when my tank was first up and running with RC and dosing Kalk for my MU water which is about 5qts a day, and manually dose the big 3 as needed, for about 2 1/2yrs. Then I went to 30gal every 4 weeks for about a year and now doing about 10gal every 2...
  15. B

Global Aquarium Supply

I placed and order with them on 2-11-10, my Visa card was posted for the ammount on 2-16-10, I got an email with a order number but have not recieved the product, it was not on back order. Shipping is FedX ground from CA, and should have been here by now, I emailed them on 2-24-10 and no...
  16. B

New Mg DIY Suppliment

New DIY Mg suppliment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I found this last week Just looked at the bag I bought a week ago, Saftey Step Extreme 8300 Mg Chl. from North American Salt, sure glad they had it in 20lb bags, sure did not need 50lb of...
  17. B

Where has Istorac been?

Where has Istorac been? I hope I spelled it right, our Florida Queen, with the roket scientist for a husband.
  18. B

Toms Aqua Lifter Pumps

I use them on a timer to dose my Kalk, they last about a year with cleaning. I found a place that sells the replacement diaphram kits, I have changed them on 3 pumps but do not get the original flow per hour. Does anyone have any experience with changing the diaphrams and if so any suggestions...
  19. B

Mg test kits

Why every time I need a Sailfert Mg test kit everyone is out, MD the Drs, BFS ect.?
  20. B

Where is BigAl?

BigAl, did the last snow fall do you in? Did you loose your internet connection? Or are you out digging out the horses? Horses=heavy duty money shreader!!!!!!!!!!!