Search results

1. F

please help with my 90g SPS and LPS coral only tank

I've had a pretty decent sps dominated tank for about three years now, never had a wave maker. point the powerheads at the corners, at each other, etc. you'll get a random flow pattern. I will say that i would have blown you budget on 1/2 of a light fixture for my 55 gal tank. look for some...
  2. F

Andy's 29 Gallon Reef

congrats on the new place. I have lots of cool frags now, so if you want something to get the new tank started in a while, let me know. I'd love to demo an led fixture too. Read as, it would sure be swell if you gave me an led fixture!:look: bill
  3. F

Help choosing coral for stong flow

I've found duncans to do well in a lot of current as well. dendrophyllia does good, or tubastrea. Most sps, but if your lights aren't that strong, then you k, now that won't be a good solution. how about a monitpora digiata? I would consider that to be a moderate light sps, or a poccilapora...
  4. F

Large Dendro Colony for sale!!! 20+ HEADS

could you post some pics of the pink lemonade, undatas, and the setosa? thanks, bill
  5. F

Anyone need anything made out of pyrex?

It would be cool initially, but I think corraline would take over, and it would look like all the other shells.
  6. F

Really need opinions on this one

I'd go with the acans. feed them well, grow them big, then chop em up and trade them for more.
  7. F

Death by lady bug

offensive to the white girls, or the nba players?
  8. F

New Corals, questions about one of them.

I've seen euphillias (hammers, torches, bubbles, etc.) in all different lighting conditions. I'd say don't blast it with a power head, but rather a gentle current spot is what you are looking for. try to avoid moving it all over the place, give it a spot and leave it alone. If in a month or...
  9. F

February '10 POTM

aside from posting my pic here, what do I have to do to enter the contest. I did this a while back, but my pic didn't make the contest. thanks, bill
  10. F

February '10 POTM

with the reflection on top, I think you see more of the tank than you would with a head on shot.
  11. F

display about to overflow

I've never cleaned my "u" tube, but I've decided when the time comes, and it'll be pretty soon, I'm just gonna buy a new one. you can try wiggling the drain around in a few spots and breaking any possible blockage out. if you ever do it again use valve and unions, that way you can take it...
  12. F

February '10 POTM

snappy, I'd love to stop by your house some night with a bottle of whiskey and some pruning shears. believe or not, that same sentence is the one that won my wife's heart. bill
  13. F

VividAquarium.com Order Bad Deal or Good? My Review and Feedbacks Wanted.

the leather, bubble, and sun coral all look like they will be fine to me. 3 rics all the same color is pretty lame. make sure you feed that tubastrea often, I feed mine every other day, every two days max. if you don't, it will die quickly.
  14. F

Christmas Updates of my attempt at a mixed reef!

i like it. i think I saw a few pics of a borealis frag, have you found it to be a slower grower than other acros? mine is healthy and vibrant, but has grown almost none in a yr. bill
  15. F

December POTM Contest!

there isn't enough dough in the world to negate the emotional trial onset by the proximity of these corals.
  16. F

December POTM Contest!

I hate christmas and have been thinking about chiseling one of these corals off and separating them cuz every time I look in the tank I think of the dreaded holy day.
  17. F

I don't want to quit!!!

a note on phyto. if you use fresh, single species phyto, you can't add too much. live, fresh, healthy phyto is a good thing, especially for a tank housing a mandarin.
  18. F

Another T5 Question

changing just one bulb in the set will make a difference in the appearance of the aquarium. even changing the order of the bulbs will give a different effect. If you have a local club, I'd get in contact with them and see if you could borrow a selection of bulbs and mix and match until find an...