1. Emerald

180 The Simple Way

Great shots T! Where's that Sailfin at?
  2. Emerald

OT: Family Pictures

Thanks guys!
  3. Emerald

Blastos!

The color is way off in the pic, but they are nice pink/purple with teal mouths and "tips".
  4. Emerald

Thanks Doni! They are both a load of fun, but I can only imagine what those teenage years will bring me! :turntable
  5. Emerald

Here is my kiddos and I at the park a week before Christmas:
  6. Emerald

Best vitamin supplement

Thanks Craig for posting that info here. This is an article by Terry Bartelme that covers more info on its use in fish: http://www.marineaquariumadvice.com/beta_glucan_biological_defense_modulator.html Woodstock, the froogle link you posted was an excellent price for the best B-G I have...
  7. Emerald

Hurt Black Clown

How long has the eye appeared this way? If the fish is not eating, I would suggest moving to QT to treat for secondary infection. The notes posted by Nikki are good. Lowering the salinity slowly to 1.018-1.020 and even lower, once in QT, can be very beneficial for an ailing fish. If it is...
  8. Emerald

Best vitamin supplement

Zoe, Selcon, Garlic and Beta Glucan are all I can think of. I do usually add a few drops of Zoe and garlic to my mash. With the raw seafood, the selcon is probably not necessary. I have yet to add beta glucan to mash, but I think I will in the next batch. It is an excellent immune stimulant...
  9. Emerald

Sand sifting star loses a leg

If the body of the star still appears intact and is not soft I would not move it to another tank. The transfer shock could prohibit its recovery. They can regenerate, mine is still growing a new leg that it lost months ago. If it does appear to receding still from where the leg came off, you...
  10. Emerald

Quarantine tank filtration?

Using some LR would be ideal biofiltration, however if the fish do need to be treated for something you will have to take it out and you wont be able to place it back in your main tank for several weeks. I would skip any sand. If you added a sponge to your main tank now it would also colonize...
  11. Emerald

LLE and stray voltage

Hi Woodstock, if you will pm me your email addy I would be happy to send it to you.
  12. Emerald

LLE and stray voltage

The probes are a great thing to have. There is so much speculation as to what actually causes HLLE, and there are no definate answers. Scott Michael recently sent me an article that covers much of this. If you are interested in reading it, I would be happy to email it your way. It was an AFM...
  13. Emerald

Poly Filters?

Hi Woodstock, I truley value polyfilters. They are great at removing just about anything harmful, and change color accordingly so you will know what they are removing. They are too expensive IMO to run on a regular basis, but are great to have around in case the need arises. In tanks with...