Search results

1. S

Monti's and star polyps not doing well

My tank parameters are good... kH:10 Ca:420 Mg:1400 po4:0 pH: 8.0 nitrate:20-40 nitrite:0 My salinity is around 10.28 but it stays stable there and the corals were doing fine at this salinity but for the past few weeks my orange and purple monti have started dying around the edges and my GSP...
  2. S

Frogspawn warfare

So I woke up this morning to my frogspawn sitting in my maze brain :(. The frogspawn is fine but the maze is looking not too good. Half of it is alright but the other half look like a little bit of brown jelly ( i guess stung tissue) and then some white entrails hanging out of the mouths I guess...
  3. S

Help! hair algae in my frag tank

Hey I have a 30g frag tank attached to my 125g display and the frag tank was over run with hair algae which i attempted to siphon off as much as possible. I have a tang in there to eat some of it as well as a sea hare but they are making little progress. Anything to help get rid of it? Btw I...
  4. S

125 gallon reef

I took some video because my normal camera is not good enough to take quality pictures. I like to see the movement of everything anyway ;) YouTube - 125g Reef Tank
  5. S

Some goodies for you to look at

Here I just got bored and filmed the corals in my tank. I felt that it shows the life better than just pictures. YouTube - 125g Reef Tank
  6. S

Pocillapora question

I got some water from my lfs and the calcium was high and bumped the calcium in my tank up to 520. I knows that's not too high but, my pocillapora looks like it is bleaching in some areas. All other water parameters are fine. Would a change in calcium from 440-520 piss it off?
  7. S

Acan death

I bought my first little frag of acanthastrea for $10. After about 10 mintues of being in the tank it opened up and the next day it was opened huge and happy. I did a water change the next day and the water that I used had high calcium causing my calcium to go up to 500. The next day the acan...
  8. S

The "Necessity" of a protein skimmer

I have a 125 gal reef that has been running for some time now (5 years) For about that last year I have been running with no protein skimmer (it broke and i just never replaced it). I have 14 fish ranging in size from an 8in blue tang, yellow tang, bicolor angle to clown fish and gobies. I also...
  9. S

Brain & pagoda dont open

Hi, I have a brain and pagoda that just dont want to open. The brain has been in the tank 3 weeks and is not dying but it just doesnt blow up like it should. It inflates a little at night but still not so much. As for the pagoda it hasnt opened in a year or so. It used to open every other day...
  10. S

Pictures! My 125

Well I'm new here so I figured I would post up some pics of my 125. Mandarin, green zoo's, candy cane, orange ricordia Mushrooms, Kenya tree's, flat anemone Fox coral, frogspawn, pagoda (doesn't open), Toadstool (closed), green ricordia, xenia Green Brain, Candycane...
  11. S

Halides + chiller

I have a 125 gallon reef currently and have 6x96 watt power compacts on it. I want to upgrade to 2x150 watt halides and leave 4x96 watt actinics. The thing is I dont exactly want to spend $600+ on a chiller and if I did the tank is in my room and I think the chillers exhuast and the halides...