Reefer Addict's Reef

addict

Here's the stand with the tank on it... I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the tank sat perfectly flat... whew! :D

Attachments

• tank-on-stand.jpg
    tank-on-stand.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

addict

Here's a gratuitous shot of my durso standpipe. With a 1-1/2" drain I don't think I'd have a problem with snails getting stuck, but I put a strainer on it anyway to keep fish from swimming all the way down (or any other situation beyond my imagination)... :D

Attachments

• durso.jpg
    durso.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

addict

And the last shot for the time being...
one of the plumbing behind the tank... those big hoses look pretty imposing... :D

I'll post some more pix later as I get more accomplished... still have to wire up the canopy, do some more wiring on the stand, and fill the tank up with water once the plumbing has a bit more time to cure.
It's rolling right along... :)

Attachments

• rear-plumbing.jpg
    rear-plumbing.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

mnreefman

i love it... and i got to see am all first, gotta love auto refresh.... ra you helped me out for a few hrs...

mnreefman

also you said they didnt show up... did you not shower all week? or did you return the keg so that the tank wouldnt get cracked?

addict

Heheh... the buddy that was going to help me is a semi live-in caregiver for an indigent man... I guess he was up with him all last night, and fell asleep early this morning... he called about 3:30 pm when he woke up. :D

Playa

David just really awesome!!!

I hope you inspire many people to have similar set ups. Your set up is really state of the art!

WOW!

Luis

semigodd154

RA first let me say that this set up is top notch you did an incredible job with all the details I have been following this thread for a couple of days and let me say if I had 1/10th of your talent I would consider myself lucky and I would be the proud owner of what i would consider to be a beautiful system but what you have accomplished thus far is a work of art you should be proud both of your skill and your patience I wish I could be so lucky to have both WTG.

Shaun

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
I second what Shaun has said! You have done a great job through this whole thread and set up of your tank. Well you have inspired me as you know as I will also have a cube tank and it is called Mini-Me so aptly named by you!:)

SeaHag

David, you have done a wonderful job on this project. :D

I am very proud of you and your accomplishment. :bigbounce

I will wait like all the rest to see the new photos tomorrow. Sleep well and much love. Mom

Last edited:

mnreefman

Originally posted by Playa
David just really awesome!!!

I hope you inspire many people to have similar set ups. Your set up is really state of the art!

WOW!

Luis
lol havent you seen the thread about the 65 im setting up all because of envy

addict

To all of you that have posted all the encouraging messages, I truly appreciate them. Thanks. :)

And to those I've inspired and am now making poorer... I'm sorry... :D

Anyway, things have gone pretty slow this evening... the lack of sleep has been catching up with me. I had wanted to get water in the tank today, but it looks like it's not going to happen until tomorrow. I need to get a hose long enough to reach out the window into the cans of saltwater.

Well, I got the lighting finished and the sandbed in, so I'll post pix of those.

Here's the lighting arrangement... the outside PC bulbs are my old ones, which I see now are almost completely spent... didn't realize how much so until I lit up the others... :columbo:

Attachments

• lighting.jpg
    lighting.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

addict

And here's the tank, peeled and sanded... ;)

Anyhoo, it's time to relax for a bit before hitting the sack... the kids come home tomorrow evening, so it's gonna be a rough day all around. :D

Attachments

• tank-peeled.jpg
    tank-peeled.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Brucey

Hey RA .... just keeps looking better and better. Wish my hood looked that good, no need to spend all my money on my reef, I would just gaze at the hood all day instead !!!
Brucey

wooddood

the wood dude
looks awesome dave you have done an outstanding job on this project.today is the big payoff though bud so good luck.