HELP! Deformed clownfish

GoodAfternoon

I purchased a premium black snowflake clown from liveaquaria and I noticed that it's bottom two
0c46e5ef65c1a7229262f3ecb107c7ef.jpg
fins are deformed. One is small and comes off of its body and the other is so small it can't. Does anyone know if liveaquaria does returns on things like these? If not it would be pretty dumb to sell a deformed 130$ fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

This is really an issue you need to take up with the seller. I doubt they were trying to sell you a defective fish, but a place like that processes a lot of orders and mistakes do happen.

You are also purchasing a selective bread fish. To get those unusual patterns, there is a lot of inbreeding done. This tends to create some defective fish.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS

they have a great rep for customer service , I would call, bet they will take care of you - send them some pics

jessyriley

They probably won’t consider it a deformity
If you look at the site they are all deformed they have, over bites, under bites, weird bumps on the head etc...

Since its so easy to breed clownfish everyone is doing it and most don’t have quality check don’t cull the deformed ones and they interbreed too much its really hard to find nice clownfish without any deformities

With liveaquaria probably claiming it as dead is your best bet since they don’t take returns and would fully refund fish that are injured or not the same size as you ordered etc..

Uncle99

Likely the result of intermixing and overbreeding to create colour morphs.
i am not a fan if this. Not natural. Call the seller, they are not a small shop