Question after the fact

Orlando-Jeff

So I mix up a batch of Coral Pro salt for a 5 gallon water change on Saturday. I usually mix it for about an hour or so and then use it. Well...some things came up and I wasn't able to do my WC until today (Monday). The water was cloudy, I'm thinking because of precipitation but I used it anyway. So..as you guessed it, my tank is cloudy as well. Hopefully that wasn't a bad choice to make. The mix is still good...right? Too late now to ask....

Trio91

So I mix up a batch of Coral Pro salt for a 5 gallon water change on Saturday. I usually mix it for about an hour or so and then use it. Well...some things came up and I wasn't able to do my WC until today (Monday). The water was cloudy, I'm thinking because of precipitation but I used it anyway. So..as you guessed it, my tank is cloudy as well. Hopefully that wasn't a bad choice to make. The mix is still good...right? Too late now to ask....
that's what it sounds like to me. i had tried to mix a batch of precipitated IO salt one time and wound up having that same cloudy affect...when i tested that batch the salinity was way off....so without testing the other parameters, i just assumed they were going to be off as well....i wound up tossing it in the end.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
For sure this is a case of Calcium Carbonate being formed, it is harmless and will filter out, this will not dissolve so some fine filtration for a few hours mat be required.