MissStress's RSM 130

MissStress

Tapatalk isn't working on my phone and photos over 2mb each so apologize for throwing in a URL instead of nice embedded pics.

Tank has been running about 2.5 years.

- Stock skimmer.
- 2 maxi-jet 600s for circulation (one is currently toast). Both to be replaced with the RSM pump upgrade kit.
- hydor koralia powerhead.
- loaner wavemaker while awaiting pump replacement.

- GBTA (currently without any BT's)
- percula
- common goby
- green chromis
- cleaner shrimp
- peppermint shrimp
- various CUC (Halloween hermit my fav)

- kyrptonite candy cane
- zoa I can't remember the name of
- shrooms

Hitchhikers include
- SO many brittle stars
- feather dusters
- 1 aipstasia left the peppermint won't touch
- many asteria
And TWO freaking sand dollars, how cool is that.

Any tips for getting coraline algae off the acrylic sides near the sand bed? Plastic scraper is a pain.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
20161017_163026_zpsgscr8hsw.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just right click on your pics... select Copy image address and then click on the little Picture Frame icon & add it there... and it will show up :)

Cheers for starting a tank thread & sharing ! Pretty clown !

20161017_163219_zpsxirpsynz.jpg

Trio91

Tapatalk isn't working on my phone and photos over 2mb each so apologize for throwing in a URL instead of nice embedded pics.

Tank has been running about 2.5 years.

- Stock skimmer.
- 2 maxi-jet 600s for circulation (one is currently toast). Both to be replaced with the RSM pump upgrade kit.
- hydor koralia powerhead.
- loaner wavemaker while awaiting pump replacement.

- GBTA (currently without any BT's)
- percula
- common goby
- green chromis
- cleaner shrimp
- peppermint shrimp
- various CUC (Halloween hermit my fav)

- kyrptonite candy cane
- zoa I can't remember the name of
- shrooms

Hitchhikers include
- SO many brittle stars
- feather dusters
- 1 aipstasia left the peppermint won't touch
- many asteria
And TWO freaking sand dollars, how cool is that.

Any tips for getting coraline algae off the acrylic sides near the sand bed? Plastic scraper is a pain.
razor blade? it should come right off...just will have to get your hand in the tank.

MissStress

Skimmer is working great now that the new pump had broken in! Lots of sticky green goo.

I am loving this borrowed wavemaker and think the fish and corals do too. They seem to be doing just fine with only the one pump circulating right now. I may have to invest in one! Can anyone recommend one for my tank size? Seen some mods of jaebo w-25's model with a reduced voltage universal laptop power supply to make things a bit less intense, just wondering if there is a new "nano" one floating around out there somewhere.

Also going to be placing a CUC order soon (no LFS here) and am wondering what I can put in with bossy Omen. I have tried a pseudo, it disappeared after some time. Then ordered 5 green chromis, 2 hour drip acclimation (always at least!) seemed healthy but the clown was a big bully and I think he stressed them. One left who knows how to handle him I guess.

Something a bit bigger than him maybe or maybe a "shudder" feisty yellow tailed damsel? Add more rock for more hidey holes.

Really looking for some more colour. But keep the biological down as well. No external sump, yet. ;)

Trio91

So do try a razor and that should do it. If not, you can use the tunze magnetic scraper with the plastic blades. That's what i use and it takes it off. Needs a Lil workin but it will come off

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trio91

keep an eye on the blade...the salt water will quickly turn that into rust...personally i have always used disposable razor blades for that reason