Recent content by yycguy

1. Y

Retrofit Red Sea LED kits for the S. Series tanks: Poll and petition

They had better Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. Y

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

I have been patiently waiting for Red Sea to announce a retrofit for the S series tanks, and it's dragging out far to long, almost every light manufacture has a LED setup and unfortunately Red Sea is dragging there feet. I would love a new LED light panel and at this point I wouldn't mind...
  3. Y

Tim's (lakelivin) RSM 500 build

Added a few tangs to my system separately and I got to tell you what worked absolutely fantastic . Tape a flat mirror to one side of the tank, I put it at the bottom on the side, the resident tang will be occupied for days or as along as it take for the new tang to settle in. Sent from my...
  4. Y

I Pulled The Trigger on a S-650...

Looks really good! I have the 500 in white and love it, you will appreciate the clean look as I do and it doesn't show any salt creep. Some of us in here ditched the Cskim so if you start to have difficulty ditch it and you will be much happier at least that's my opinion lol
  5. Y

Please ID

Hey thank you, just googled the Euclid Worm and yes that's about what It looked like, although from the pictures I googled it appears that the Euclid Worm has legs all the way down the body and this one I didn't notice that. That all being said I was so creeped out I flushed it very quickly...
  6. Y

Please ID

Found this at the back if tank, I have had this rock for 4-5 years so no idea where it came from
  7. Y

new build red sea max 500. s

Or ....... if you use a IPhone get the app tapatalk and use it to view this forum as well as upload your pictures all in one, and very simple to use.
  8. Y

AJK's Red Sea Max 500

I am thinking its a down under thing for sure, so if the water is staying in your all good
  9. Y

diemakers 650 build

Now I have the 500 and I just switched from the CSkim to a Vertex Omega 150, in the 500 Stock Sump it fits perfectly, actually I can't believe how much room is now in there. So far love the skimmer, it skims fantastic and it's night and day quieter over the CSkim. Now I ran the CSkim for over a...
  10. Y

nob35's S650

Looks great those Zoos look very nice Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. Y

Dave's RSM 500

David, that rock scape looks great, want to come over here and do mine lol? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. Y

Dave's RSM 500

Hi Dave, Glad to see the tank is back on the right track. I think sometimes it's just something that we can't pin down the exact cause, just comforting to know the other fish survived and are healthy, which means either they didn't get what ever wiped out the other guys or had a immune system...
  13. Y

Tli rsm 500

I second Choff's "Also..an apex is far from overkill on one of these. I couldn't live without mine" Apex (Neptune) has just opened up there fusion (cloud) web app and it's going to make it much simpler to access your system from anywhere. Great system and if you are not always home a great...
  14. Y

JP's RSM 500

Thanks Choff, never really thought of that, although I think just having a skimmer that sits in the sump and is independent of pumps is a simpler system. I am looking at the Vertex Omega 150, I believe it will fit where the CSkim sits with just removing the shelf, the water level there is 8" and...
  15. Y

JP's RSM 500

Ok I am thinking its time to swap out the CSkim for a better more stable skimmer, now looking at different skimmers and thought I'd ask on here what others researched and came up with that one fits and two that works. I am thinking you remove the plate the stock skimmer sits on and then you have...