Recent content by willietang021

1. W

2 Ecotech Marine Vortech mp40 for sale

I have 2 mp40s for sale. They are the wireless newest generation. Paid $480 each 8 months ago. used them for less than 6 months. just upgraded my 55 gal to a 535 gal, so I replaced them with many other powerheads including mp60s. I used both of these on my 48X13X18 55 gal LPS/SPS mix before...
  2. W

WTB Vortech Pump and controller

I have 2 mp40s for sale. just upgraded my 55 gal to a 535 gal, so I replaced them with many other powerheads including mp60s. How many are you looking for? I used both of these on my 48X13X18 55 gal LPS/SPS mix before. they are in great condition. still under warranty. They were used at 35% max...
  3. W

Mistakes You've Made

My big mistake was trusting the LPS too much! If I had done more research and go to a couple more different store to ask before I do or buy anything I would have saved about $10000 all together. I used to had a 55gal tank for freshwater fish, decide to take the jump and switch to saltwater reef...
  4. W

Should I Cut This?

I did remove the center brace from my stand on my 55 gal old tank yrs ago. But before I remove the brace I have added some support at the back side of the stand. That way, even I remove the support brace, I know there's already added support for the weight!
  5. W

What to use to take better pictures

I have a Canons SLR already, but don't know what kind of housing to use or where to buy so I can stick my camera or just the lens under water to take some pictures.
  6. W

What to use to take better pictures

Hello all, I am just wondering what to use and where to buy something such as an underwater housing or top down picture taking housing for take pictures of corals. I have purchased the mirco lens and now I am ready to take better pictures. I am just snapping pics from the outside of my curve...
  7. W

Largest Single Coral you ever had? Mine is Huge!

What is the largest Single piece of coral you ever had grew? Not Colony! I have a piece of Neon Green Australian Blasto with pink/purple dots. I had this piece for about a year now. Got it at 1 1/2 inch X 1 1/2 inch. Now it is 3 1/2 inches X 3 1/2 inches!!!! Largest single blasto ever...
  8. W

A coral I want... not gonna happen but I want it ! ! !

Golden Basket on ebay sold one colony, about 2"x1.5" for $2700 not too long ago.
  9. W

Too much Good stuff?

Is there such a thing as too much Trace Elements? Calcium? Magnesium? Strontium? I run tests on all elements, but Calcium and Magnesium is always off. What I mean is I do a test this minute, and I do the exact same test 15 minutes later, the result would be different already. I am afraid that I...
  10. W

2 Brand new Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants for sale or trade $199 each

Re: 2 Brand new Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants for sale or trade $199 e sale price is $185 per now
  11. W

2 Brand new Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants for sale or trade $199 each

2 Brand new Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants (TRADE) sales available Greeting fellow reefers, I have 2 brand new Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED pendants. Brand new in box never use, they are both manufactured June 2011. I purchased these two pendants from Marine Depot at...
  12. W

Looking for a 400gal tank. Also looking for steel stand and custom sump!

I live in LA, CA, I am moving and looking to upgrade to a 400gal tank. Prefer 96"x30"x36. Would like to know where should I buy the tank at? Both good quality and cheap. Wondering where I can get a custom build steel stand that can support this tank. Also looking for a big sump. Wondering where...