Recent content by Whiskey

1. Whiskey

Show me your planted tank!

Thanks :) I really did love that tank. It was time for it to go though,.. It was a little silly that my RR tank was setup FW, and my non drilled 125 was my SPS reef,.. Plus both of those in a 700 Sq foot APT is a bit much too. Whiskey
  2. Whiskey

Show me your planted tank!

I'm way late in replying, but yeah, that's how you do it. If you have a controller you can safely run CO2 all the way up to 30PPM,.. Dosing more than reccomeended Flourish Excell acts as an Algaeside, plus getting your ferts in line and getting tons of fast growing stem plants will create...
  3. Whiskey

Tank turned 49 this year

Sweet! Glad to see the tank is still up and running Paul :) I like the new theme too,.. neat idea. Whiskey
  4. Whiskey

Clam Help!

They can drop their byassal threads like that,.. I wouldn't be too worried about it, my maxima has done it four or five times. I would however remove him from the sand and place him somewhere in the rockwork, maximas seem to be less tolerant to sucking in sand, and happier when they can be...
  5. Whiskey

OT: John's Cobra is back home!

Now that's a car right there! Very nice :) Whiskey
  6. Whiskey

OT:Poll, which licenses plate?

I tried to vote for the aquaculture one but the voting doesn't work for me :( Whiskey
  7. Whiskey

xenia on my clams shell

Hehe cool :) If it doesn't irritate the clam and cause it to close I say no issue,.. if it does then definitally remove it. Whiskey
  8. Whiskey

Mass Aiptasia control

If it's a HOB overflow I say soak in vinager and remove the coraline while your at it. If it is a built in tank overflow then taking the internal plumbing out (you didn't glue that did you?) to flush it, then scrubbing the walls, and scrubbing the plumbing would be your best bet. Whiskey
  9. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks True Tuner! Yeah; I've heard storys like yours about CBB's as well,... Suffice it to say that I am worried about that, but so far I've been lucky (Knock on wood). I wouldn't have even risked it, but the aptasia was out of control in my tank, and he did a wonderful job clearing it out...
  10. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks Jason! Whiskey
  11. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks Rlcline! Whiskey
  12. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks Blue Eyes! Love the rose in your Avitar :) The tank is lit by 3*250W XM10,000K in spyder reflectors 10" off the water and angled slightly toward the front pane. Atinics, well,.. the bulbs are 2 years old, but they are 3*55W PC Atinic "Blue" lights in AHsupply parobolic...
  13. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Good Karma! I thought you said you were around for the negitive Karma thing? I'm trying to get back to my negitive nine billion karma without assistance this time and your not helping! :p :poke: :mad: Whiskey
  14. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks TangMan! The Copperband is great with SPS corals, and never touches them, however I have seen him nip distractidly at a couple LPS - he doesn't focas on them and eat them, but he does take a little nibble from time to time. I think in a smaller tank with less food that is more to his...
  15. Whiskey

Current FTS of my 180.

Thanks Woodstock! I've had the Copper band butterfly for about 6 months or so, it did a wonderful job ridding my tank of Apista, and it also eats misys! It's been pretty good for me, no attacking clams,.. but it does nip at LPS very rarley. Whiskey