Recent content by vsiege

1. V

Aptasia? Is this brittle star bad?

Thank you on both fronts. Glad I asked. Best to you!
  2. V

Aptasia? Is this brittle star bad?

Hi all, I was looking to see if somebody could help me id two things. Is this aptasia, the red/brownish red or is it a coral? Additionally are these brittle star bad for my tank. They are very small under an inch maybe even under and 1/2 inch, and they appear to be brittle fish to me. They came...
  3. V

Thinking about a new salt choice

It was a mix of things for me. I've heard that, but it wasn't that which made me take the plunge. RC has been good for me, but my tank has really never looked spectacular, just stable. I've used Red Sea and another brand in the past and always switched back to RC. I actually tried Red Sea 2...
  4. V

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Looking amazing. Really nice additions [emoji106] If you don't mind, where did you get both types of anthias? LFS or somewhere online?
  5. V

Thank you. I am only adding kalkwasser at the moment. So very minimal on the additives side. I got fritz RPM coming tomorrow and will be doing a new water change next week as I did 2 this week. I will some of the old and some of the new salt at least for the first couple changes. I've done this...
  6. V

Thanks for your response. Hope all is well by you. Let you know how my experience goes. Happy reefing.
  7. V

Hi Dave, Yes, I believe I have seen some of those wildfires (discussions) in past on here [emoji3] Always good to hear from you as well. I hope all is well by you. Thanks for passing along the good advice. I am prepared to try one of those brands (made a choice earlier) and use the mixing...
  8. V

I've been using Instant Ocean reef crystals for years but I'm looking to make a change. Nothing bad is going on in regards to chemistry but I'm getting low, and thought I might try a new brand. I've used seachem and red sea in the past and have landed back at reef crystals. I have access to...
  9. V

Getting rid/keeping at bay tube worms

A couple months ago I recently swapped out all of my rock for new rock and thought I might have gotten rid of the tube worm problem that I had before, but it's back with a vengeance. Not that they are a problem, but they multiple rapidly and make sharp rubes that stuck into your hands should you...
  10. V

AI Prime 16 HD Lighting Settings

Does anyone have a good lighting setting and schedule for the newer AI prime 16 HD? I have several softies and and Zoanthids. All Zoanthids have closed up. I have reduced both the schedule and the intensities of all channels... to no avail. Could you relay your schedule and reach channel...
  11. V

Rust color algae problem

Thank you Susan. Finally, it went away. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  12. V

HELP! LA: Anyone selling a 40 breeder?

Thought I'd ask again. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  13. V

HELP! Silicone for aquarim

Thank you all for your input. Everything worked out awesomely. One more step closer!
  14. V

HELP! Bulkheads: gasket and hole questions

Thank you. I installed the bulkheads and the Overflow today and did a test with water. No leaks were found. Side note, I wish I would have mounted the Overflow a touch higher, that would have required me to modify the original template. Maybe there's another solution so that I can get the water...