Recent content by tucker

1. tucker

Rodi water for freshwater tank?

Tds is like 130 from. The tap
  2. tucker

Rodi water for freshwater tank?

Was looking to start up a fresh water fish tank. Can I use rodi water for it? Do I have to add anything to it like re-adding minerals or getting ph right or is it fine straight out of the rodi? It’s going to be a fish only no plant tank. Guppies mainly.
  3. tucker

Snail and starfish ID

oh and these too. Snail - Stomatella
  4. tucker

Snail and starfish ID

Collonista Snails (mini turbo), and Columbellid snails (nano conch) found em in hitch hiker guide
  5. tucker

Need help identifying these hitch hikers

Examined my tank today for a bit and found some strange things I have several things that I would love to get some help on identifying. Also if they are good or bad and if bad how to get rid of. Ok so here is the first. Looks like small strings attached to the glass on one side. Don’t see them...
  6. tucker

Coral problems

Then why do people have refugium with plant life and algae scrubbers to grow other plant life to remove phosphates and stuff if it is bad for the dt? Different type of plants?
  7. tucker

Coral problems

This one?
  8. tucker

Coral problems

How do I remove the algae from the coral?
  9. tucker

Coral problems

Here are my current levels salinity is at 1.025
  10. tucker

Coral problems

I had a slight hair algae problem and I also needed to paint the back of my fish tank black so I decided to take off all equipment including the light except the filter for 3 days. I turned back on the light and left it on for like 10 hours accidentally. I usually only have it on 6 hours a day...
  11. tucker

Lowering nitrate media

my nitrates are about 20 ppm I recently finally bought a protien skimmer. Hob reef octopus 1000 for my 20 gallon. I was also thinking about adding a small in tank breeder box of sorts to hang inside tank to grow Chaeto algae in. I also was thinking about adding some de nitrifying media in an old...
  12. tucker

Starving skinny lawnmower blenny

I got a lawnmower blenny about a month ago and he was fat. Now he is super skinny and I’m worried since he doesn’t have much to graze on in my 20 gallon. I tried nori but he doesn’t seem interested may be that my fish and shrimp scare him away as they also go after it. Any ideas on foods or how...
  13. tucker

HELP! Beginner with first saltwater tank

This is going to be lengthy and probably with some errors that hopefully some of the more experienced reefers can correct me on. Here is what my 20 gallon high tank looked like after ten years. Given it is a night picture with the moonlights on and the corals are not fully open you see that they...
  14. tucker

Adding media bag Inside of Reef Octopus hob 1000

Here is a picture of the skimmer up and running. As you can see all the bubbles and action is happening on the left side. The green circle is where I would put media bag and the red is where the two pieces go that I currently don’t have inside the skimmer right now, I assume to prevent the bag...
  15. tucker

Adding media bag Inside of Reef Octopus hob 1000

I have a reef octopus 1000 hob skimmer. Can you add bio pellets, activated charcoal, de-nitrate or gfo in a media bag to the one side of the hob skimmer? (I circled the area in green on the picture where it would go). I thought that this unit comes with two pieces (circled in red) that can be...