Recent content by Tosh_Auer

1. Tosh_Auer

Does this look right?

yeah nothings cheep in this hobby. and what sandman just said is very true. you should look at getting the glass shop to cut your glass for you its usually not that much more and beveling the edges isn't difficult, just run a sharpening stone along the edges and it will take the sharp edges off...
  2. Tosh_Auer

Tell Us Your Biggest Mistake

Not Winning the loto before i brought my fish glass box. because as we all know or will learn, 1 becomes 2 , 2 becomes 3 ....................
  3. Tosh_Auer

Does this look right?

building your own tank isn't hard just alot of buggerising around. good luck with it! Tosh
  4. Tosh_Auer

150Watt VS 250Watt VS 400 Watt

ya get roughly a year from a bulb dont ya or is it 6 months?
  5. Tosh_Auer

Whats the Luckiest Thing you've ever known of?

What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to yourself or someone close to you? For me it would have to be when one of my best mates who happens to be my partners brother got hit by a train. how is that lucky you might ask? on the 8th of october 2004 my girlfriends brother Nathan...
  6. Tosh_Auer

VHO's are very difficult to get hold of in Aus thats why i was thinkign PC's instead. i think ill get a 250 and some pc's and when the wallet permits get another 250. Tosh
  7. Tosh_Auer

sorry jsut noticed i put 5' its 4' and was hoping that you only wouldn't be able to see the dark patches in the sides im really not that worried about not having light dependent creatures in the sides. I figured i was gonna get the response you gave but thought it cant hurt to try. seeing as i...
  8. Tosh_Auer

My tank is 5'x2'x2' roughly and no i wasn't planning on keeping clams but if i can i probly will. bulbs for all are easy enough to get hold of and 400watters are only slightly more expensive. Bourganaes i live in Australia so by the time i was to ship them and the exchange rate and buying a...
  9. Tosh_Auer

Ok i can pick up a 150,250 and 400 watt MH for roughly the same price as each other brand new and i was wondering if there was any reason given that i havn't designed or built my hood yet. that i wouldn't get the 400watt and make a higher hood, positioning the halide higher and therefore be able...
  10. Tosh_Auer

Back Again

are there many if any other fish that you can keep in a tank with a frog fish that wont eat corals and wont eat it or be eaten by it? if so what are they?
  11. Tosh_Auer

Back Again

well to start with i am just gonna get it going as FOWLR but for my 18th birthday my parents are buying me some halides so as soon as there here ill start on just some easier soft corals and anemones but i was thinking of keeping something unusual like a frog fish instead of my old plan of a...
  12. Tosh_Auer

Zoa's Moving Part 2

lol Nice Bruce. Well today i got back from a trip to brissy to pick up some stuff i had shipped from bali and noticed that again they have moved. Are there any specifics that will distinguish between Majano and Zoanthids? should Zoa's only have one "row" of "tenticals"? cause the largest one has...
  13. Tosh_Auer

Zoa's Moving Part 2

im going away tomorow but when i get back ill post some pictures for you all. But im pretty sure there Zoa's. if they are infact the anemone thtt your talking about is there anyting i should know about them? Tosh
  14. Tosh_Auer

Zoa's Moving Part 2

Ok well about a week ago i had one of my Zoanthids Bud and i had a new little baby Zoa:D Ok normal enough. But today i noticed that it had moved a good inch and a half from where it originally was. Its only about a third of an inch across itself. I think its because there is no real colonie of...
  15. Tosh_Auer

Cowries in Reef Tanks? Are They Safe?

Ok well ive been feeding him lettuce and hes still hasn't moved at all? during the day and some of the night he has his lil thing covering his body but then retracts it when he "sleeps" im just going to see how it goes. i can put it in my sump at any stage i guess. Tosh