Recent content by Topline Marines

1. Topline Marines

LFS Who do you rate for livestock and care?

I get a 10% discount card on livestock but that's it. They will take Fish and corals and freshwater fish for rehoming but they wont give you any credit :( Many places around here wont take fish.
  2. Topline Marines

Its Good they are very knowledgeable, many chains are full of kids who don't know their ass from their elbow, long as they sell it doesn't matter. Gema at my LFS is a marine biologist, She is very knowledgeable about the needs of livestock and corals and knows equipment ect and wont just sell...
  3. Topline Marines

Hello.... Newbies

Hi Welcome to RS, Congrats on moving over to the salty side, Lots of very helpful members on here who will see you right ;) Tips, go slow. warnings, don't move too fast ;) Sounds like you're on the right track, let it cycle and Stock slowly. Photobucket is good for pic uploads, look forward to...
  4. Topline Marines

Dave I totally agree with your spot on comment. I would recommend Amwell to anyone, ok their equipment is top end and pricey but I have managed to get them down to net prices on equipment on a few occasions so far. They are a big Store and have everything. Their corals and fish are all A1. I...
  5. Topline Marines

Im just throwing this out there as im a creature of habit and trust my LFS Amwell aquatics, Pricey but good quality live stock and corals excellent tanks ect and service. On the other hand I don't trust Maidenhead aquatics (poor service and pricey) both shops are chains here in the UK. Do you...
  6. Topline Marines

Life span of fish in Reef aquarium

Regal tang lives for 30 years! that's incredible thanks for sharing that info. Clowns have a long life for a little fish aswell. Hope they make 10 years for you.
  7. Topline Marines

Thanks paul, wow they do live a long time I thought maybe 7-8 years max Thanks for sharing.
  8. Topline Marines

Thanks for your reply much appreciated, I will have a look at that thread ;)
  9. Topline Marines

Does anyone have experience of having long living fish in their aquariums? And do tangs and dwarf angels live long? Im guessing they probably live longer in our tanks than in the ocean due to predation? will Be interesting to hear your views.
  10. Topline Marines

100% Newb

Welcome to Reef sanctuary buddy.
  11. Topline Marines

Which tank do you like best?

Im going with new school only because is vibrant and eye catching. Theres also nothing wrong with old school. I just want that awe factor when I look at a tank.
  12. Topline Marines

Turning a Skimmer off

Hi Mark, a couple of things it could be are, is it set up to run to manufactures spec? have you followed per what instructions say? im not familiar with that skimmer. It could just be a noisy pump? or is it noisy air intake? you could turn it off whilst you were in the lounge but you need to...
  13. Topline Marines

June's TOTM!

Loving your work Parisian, Great looking tank, congrats.
  14. Topline Marines

My Eheim Scubaline Marine 250 Aquarium Journey

Re: Hi All, New Here :-) Id love a RSM 650 S, my ultimate upgrade, maybe one day but need a spare 4k for one.
  15. Topline Marines

Whats your favourite salt water fish and why?

At least they have a good job to do, poor file fish aren't the prettiest of fish lol but lots of character. Im going to have to name my fish if I left it to my 10yr old he would name them Dave, mike, and Paul ect, Nothing wrong with those names BTW just not very fishy IMO. Is there a fish name...