Recent content by Tim Duncan

1. Tim Duncan

RSM250 trouble with red SPS

Nice Sy101, how did u retrofit the aquaray's into your hood? I would love to add them, but I have no idea how.
  2. Tim Duncan

I don't have xenia in my tank. Those pictures are from offshore's tank
  3. Tim Duncan

ausreef, no nutrient problems here. I run a phosphate reactor with levels at 0.00.....so that's not the issue. Like I said in my first post, none of my corals are having issues but the 2 reds. Maybe they just need to be moved up super high for max light.
  4. Tim Duncan

Thanks John, at least I know that keeping a Red Planet can be done without losing color. I will keep working on mine and hopefully it bounces back
  5. Tim Duncan

Thanks for the info goma. I was looking at the threads with RSM130 owners adding LED's to there existing hoods. Has anyone done this with there RSM250? If I can up my watts with LED's, I would love to do so.
  6. Tim Duncan

Led Strip module - Which fits within RSM

Does anyone know if there is an LED mod for the 250? I need to bump up my lighting output, and adding some LED's would probably be the easiest. The setup Nexodus has looks awesome, but I can't find anything similar for the 250. Please help, thanks
  7. Tim Duncan

I've recently added 2 red SPS frags to my tank (Red Planet, Sailors Warning), but for some reason they aren't keeping their color. I have one high and the other mid-level, but neither are staying red. Friends from my local forum are saying the RSM lighting isn't good enough to keep red SPS. I...
  8. Tim Duncan

RSM 250 Ballast replacement?

Thanks Nano.....Do u know of any places to buy upgradeable lighting for the RSM250? It might be cool to add LED's instead of the T-5's, if they weren't too expensive. And I'm not sure if they have any mods that would fit in the housing without having to alter anything.
  9. Tim Duncan

RSM 250 Ballast replacement?

Does anyone know where us 250 owners can purchase a new ballast other than Red Sea? I've already left multiple messages for Pinky (who is on injury leave, so they have someone named Amanda in her place) but no one has returned my calls :evileye:. I just need to know if their are other options...
  10. Tim Duncan

Lighting issues...PLEASE HELP

Thanks John....Do I have to buy a ballast from Red Sea or can I get one from somewhere else? I've never done any electrical work, so I'm not sure if I can get a ballast from a place like Home Depot. Or does Red Sea use special made ballasts that can only be replaced from them?
  11. Tim Duncan

Lighting issues...PLEASE HELP

I just got back from a week at the beach, when I noticed that my Max 250 didn't look as bright as normal. Come to find out that the front 2 light fixtures are both not working. I changed the bulbs and they still don't work, so it must be the fixture that is broken. Does anyone have any idea...
  12. Tim Duncan

Any 250 owners use Carbon/Phosphate reactors?

Thanks for the input, Kay and GregT.....very helpful
  13. Tim Duncan

Any 250 owners use Carbon/Phosphate reactors?

Just wanted to see if any of the RSM250 owners are using carbon or GFO reactors instead of media in the media chamber. I was thinking about getting a dual reactor since they are way more efficient at removing unwanted material than the media bags. My only issue is placement for the pump in...
  14. Tim Duncan

Vortech MP40 question?

How do u guys set up your Vortechs with the RSM250? It seems like to pumps that are built into the tank would counteract the effects of the MP40. Does the flow from the tank interfere with the MP40's flow? Is there a way to set things up to have better flow throughout the tank? Let me know...
  15. Tim Duncan

Why am I getting diatoms?

I just took water in to my LFS, I don't have my own tester to test before and after. I thought if it tested 0, then I was fine. Also, I don't have multiple testers, so I can't check if one is working or not