Recent content by Themonsterisme

1. T

How To Do A Partial Water Change

I used to use a dinner plate and hold it inside the tank just above the water and pour new water in on the dinner plate and it dispersed the water flow sideways rather than straight down and never got any sand kick up using that method Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. T

2 dead tangs

DaveK gave some great advise Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. T

Weird worm

At least it can't be this bad http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1165930/Barry-giant-sea-worm-discovered-aquarium-staff-mysterious-attacks-coral-reef.html Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. T

Pros vs cons UV sterilizer

Thanks nano! Main goal with the UV wasn't a fix all but more of a water conditioner for algae or bacteria blooms Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T

Well the 58watt UV was a freebie and my tank design is as follows-225gal display,75 gal sump and a piggyback 40gal breeder frag tank...not using it to solve any issues but wanting to use it to keep water clear...the 400 gal was a typo it's 340 total gallons Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

What are the pros and cons of running a 58watt UV sterilizer on a 400 total gal mixed reef system? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. T

Can someone recommend a RO/DI filter to use?

I love my brs 75 gpd value plus 4 stage with dual inline tds meter... My only wish is that I would have order the 150gpd unit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

Starting a new sump

+1 no need to reply further...DaveK hit everything on the mark Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. T

"Purple" Acropora

[QUO TE=Corvus;1251308]Should I clip off the "purple parts? C. No...take some pics first and let us see Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. T

Aiptasia in fuge

Not all peppermint shrimp will eat aip...hit or miss that's why I get a few and sell them back to my LFS...also try not feeding tank for a few days...if they are fed a lot then they don't really do anything but be lazy lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. T

Aiptasia in fuge

+1 get some peppermint shrimp and they will take care of them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk