Recent content by tammyjennings

1. T

lighting

I am going to have to purchase a new light soon. I have a metal halide now but it creates so much heat and sucks the electricity...What is the next best light. My space is limited to 3 1/3 inches tall by 24 inches wide ..the tank is 2 feet deep approx 125 gal ...few soft coral , tanks , clown...
  2. T

black worm..LARGE!

thanks...we'll keep you updated.
  3. T

black worm..LARGE!

yes I think that is it...Any ideas on how to catch it
  4. T

black worm..LARGE!

we have a LARGE (4FT) black worm that is living in our tank, he has bright red and orange coloring on him too. He has zillions of little legs and lives at the bottom of our tank under some rock. He only comes out at night and he can also pick up fairly small rocks. We think that he has been...
  5. T

chiller

During the summer I try to wait as long as I can before I turn on the air conditioner but I worry about the fish. How warm is too warm for a fish only tank. I don't have a chiller. I rely on ambient temp for cooling.
  6. T

blue tang injury

We recently purchased a baby blue tang. Our blue devil damsel has bit his tail off two days ago. He is eating well and is active. We put him in a protected area of the tank for now. Will his tail grow back and do you think he will survive?
  7. T

bristle worms

We have a monster of a bristle worm in our tank. He is dark brown-black with touches of red. He can stretch to be 3-4 feet easily. What sort of damage can he do. Is there a specific name for him or is he just a run of the mill bristle worm, is there any thing that eats them.
  8. T

I think my clown is sick : (

they run together during the day but at night she goes to their old stomping grounds and h goes to the surface to swim sideways but by morning he is in his nest on the sand.
  9. T

It's weird the minute the metal halide goes out he is swimming sideways at the top ...but by morning he is in his little pit in the sand again.
  10. T

we have no nitrites , just little amount of nitrate
  11. T

our ammonia is zero and we've been cycled for a year and a half
  12. T

no he swims mid water well during the day. But he seems to stay about the same general area, which interestingly, is not the place he and his mate used to inhabit.
  13. T

Hey guys I think my clown is sick. It is one of a pair the male I think, it's the smaller of the two. I got the pair about a year and a half ago when I started my 125 gal tank. They made it through a hairy cycle. Dummy me put them in before we were nitrite neg. Anyway they made it through...
  14. T

clown acting strangely

My 125 gal tank is about 1 1/2 years old...tank readings are all within normal ranges..and the rest of the inhabitants appears happy but this one clown is acting strangely. It has a partner. We got them when we started the tank. I don't know ther sex of either but they are always together...
  15. T

my racoon faced angel disappeared!!!!!

Recently I purchased a racoon face (I might not be naming it correctly, but it's a common fish. I think you guys know what I'm talking about). I had him for about a month. He seemed active and healthy then one afternoon my husband says , "Where's the raccoon?" I said ,"oh he's in there...