Recent content by suspiria2

1. suspiria2

Just ordered the Max S 650 - the journey begins

No major equipment changes, switched out the Protein Skimmer and added the UV System. Also 2 of the rear pumps dies so I added a Vortech MP40. Everything is pretty much Red Sea stock from 4 years ago
  2. suspiria2

Three years since my last post, tank is still going although there have been a lot of changes. Had a bad algae issue for about 6 months that also made me think about shutting down the tank. Was finally able to resolve it. Had an ich infection, had to leave the tank empty for about 2 months...
  3. suspiria2

Have been having some bad luck with the tank recently, lost the Anthia, Regal Angel and the hawkfish, Goat Fish and the Naoko wrasse does not look good. The Anthia, Hawkfish and Naoko started acting strangely where they would just hide in the rocks and not come out for food, this lasted for...
  4. suspiria2

Made some changes to the tank. I just got the LED lights for the S 650 and still playing with the settings. A big improvement of the T5 lights especially the heat. The T5s were at the end of their lifespan so the timing was right to switch. Got a few new fish, a lawnmower blenny to deal with...
  5. suspiria2

MAX LED Lighting

Put in my order for the Red Sea LEDs for my S-650 through my LFS. They should have them in about 2-3 weeks. They have an S-500 in store with the new lights and it looks really good. Also with all the hot weather I have been keeping the T-5s down to a couple of hours a day, it was 113 F...
  6. suspiria2

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

Hi Dave How many fish do you currently have in the tank? I am up to 14 fish and thinking of getting maybe 1 or 2 more and then wait to see how it goes. I have had it running for about 8 months now and am starting to add more corals, latest additions have been a mini maxi carpet anemone, a...
  7. suspiria2

Tried once again with another CopperBand, appeared to be doing well in quarantine and was eating. Put him in the display tank and again the Regal Angel took a dislike to him and started to chase him. Unlike with the first Copperband he did not leave him alone and kept at him. I moved the...
  8. suspiria2

The Copperband died over the weekend. Do not know why, he looked fine Saturday but was on his side under the rocks on Sunday morning. No marks or injuries externally. Had him for about 1 month and he was eating bloodworm from the start and had started to eat other foods (clam, squid) about 1...
  9. suspiria2

The bristle tooth ignored the copperband completely. The Regal Angel chased him for about 1 hour and then stopped. He has been in the display tank for 3 days and no issues after that first hour. I only have the one tang currently with a small hippo tang in Quarantine. The only fish the...
  10. suspiria2

Added a few new fish, a Bi Color Goat Fish, Copperband Butterfly Fish and a Queen Anthia. I have my last fish in quarantine - Blue Hippo Tang. That will bring me to 15 fish and a full tank for now. I can start concentrating on Corals now that I have the fish population that I want. Added a...
  11. suspiria2

A few shots of the tank, the regal angel made it in and appears to be settling in well, no fights with anyone and he is eating
  12. suspiria2

I have had a coral beauty for about 2 months now and he has not given me any trouble with the corals. He chased my Kole tang for a day or two after the Kole was added but he has settled down now. Similar coloration to the one that you have. Great pictures
  13. suspiria2

First post in a while, have been in the process of quarantining a regal angel for about 5 weeks, should be ready for the main tank on Friday. Checked that he was eating in the store and has been eating in quarantine well. Mainly mysis and krill. He is about 5 inches in size at the moment...
  14. suspiria2

Mixing Tangs

I have a small (3 inch) kole tang that has been in quarantine for a couple of weeks and is ready to go into the DT. I would like to add 1 or 2 tangs in the relatively near future and would like to have the Kole in the DT first unless it would cause major problems. Should he be kept in...
  15. suspiria2

Thanks for the response. The kole was in a tank with many others of its own so it should be used to being in a shoal as well. That was quite an impressive picture with the tangs and the turtle