Recent content by Susan987

1. Susan987

Anenome crab removal

I have an anenome crab on a piece of rock I want out of my display tank. I cannot get the crab off the rock, and I do not want to hurt him. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  2. Susan987

Rust color algae problem

I had the same problem but it was on my display tank glass. I got phosphate remover, specifically phosguard, from Amazon. Check your nitrates and phosphates regularly. I wipe my glass with cloth rags to physically remove the algae from the tank.
  3. Susan987

Fuge Light with Magnet

yes, from what I understand, metals like aluminum are bad. But, if it tank safe, possibly covered with a plastic, then I wouldn't worry about it. I use the magnet cleaner to wipe my glass. Just make sure you clean it regularly.
  4. Susan987

An introduction to using reef forums like this one

That was a really informative article. I know it has been awhile since you posted it, but it is still applicable.
  5. Susan987

Added a new sump and everything is dying

My SPS are the ones being hit the hardest. They are turning white. My LPS are not opening. And, my salinity is 7.023 and pH is 8.4
  6. Susan987

Thanks for the replys. My sump was a newly bought glass tank, but I do not have any additional filtration at this point. I will buy some rock this weekend. I'm not worried about the water but that does lead to a another question. I have the 90 gallon tank, which hold 70 gallons of water...
  7. Susan987

I have a 90 gallon reef and have had a happy and thriving tank for years. I recently switched out my 40 gallon sump to a 75 gallon sump and I thought it is going to be like a big water change. I added supplements coral food and my corals are dying. My pH is 7.2 (I know a little low), Kh 8...
  8. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

Thank you for the suggestion. I do soak my food in zoecon b/c I read the fish need some additional fats, but then I read another article about diversifying their diets and supplementing with vitamins. I will pick some up next time out. Have you ever tried buying seafood at the grocery store...
  9. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

He is actually looking better today. I am feeding him, and the tank mates, a little everyday. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Susan987

Sick or Dying?

I see that you recently joined, so if this is a new tank, check your parameters and correct them. Make sure you have nutrients in the water. They feed off of their zooxanthellae and microplankton. I use several different coral foods and rotate them. Make sure there is some decent current...
  11. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

Here is a picture.
  12. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

That is what I'm so frustrated about, nothing is attacking it, he is still eating and pooping and swimming around, although he is staying more around the top of the tank and isn't swimming around as he normally does. So, all I know is that he is not looking good. I tried to upload a picture...
  13. Susan987

Sick fairy wrasse

I have a sick fairy wrasse. He has been looking a little tired for a couple of weeks, noticed a scratch on him, but thought it was just swimming in my rock. This afternoon, while doing water change, he really behaved like he is sick. He is not swimming around as he normally does and his...
  14. Susan987

My easy cheap mixing/storage area.

Great setup! I still mix in 5 gallon due to limited space. I will definitely reference this when I am able to upgrade.