Recent content by superman

1. superman

ASM G1X Protein Skimmer GOOD BAD OR UGLY?

It will probably have too much turbulence in the skimmer body to skim properly, I would pass on it. What is the price range you are looking to stay within for a skimmer? I am sure we can find a good skimmer for you.
  2. superman

ATO . . . careful GENIUS onboard!

just make sure to not submerge the end of the fill pipe/tube so you can't back siphon from the tank into the ATO reservoir. I use a maxijet 600 as my ATO pump, I use kalk in my top off water, no problems, works like a charm.
  3. superman

Will anemone crab host frogspawn?

It sure may, but the biggest question is if your frogspawn will tolerate the crab. No way of telling for sure, I have seen them host frogspawn, elegance corals, toadstool, but none of these corals were very happy about it (partially retracted)
  4. superman

what?

So your expectation is that you have a tank with sea life in it. Even though that is a very low expectation it is still an expectation.
  5. superman

what?

If you had no expectations you would not do this hobby in the first place.
  6. superman

what?

To further my knowledge of saltwater aquariums to improve my professional career. To growout corals and eventually have a beautiful aquarium that I can sell frags from. To have an amazing piece of the ocean in my living room that I and others can ooh and ahhh over for years and years.
  7. superman

Get it outa here!

That elegance found a new home, but I have 3 healthy elegance corals in my current tank.
  8. superman

Get it outa here!

I had to banish an emeral crab years ago, once I put my elegance coral in the tank he made at it as fast as he could and started eating it! Needless to say he was banished to the sump.
  9. superman

JBJ Auto Top Off

I'd had mine for about 4 years now without any issues at all.
  10. superman

Solenoid Valve for ATO

Here's a demo of a pretty cool product with some good fail safe measures. Level-loc YouTube - Level-Loc Product Demo
  11. superman

Superman's Glass Drilling Demo Video

It is plumbers putty.
  12. superman

just an el cheapo diamond hole saw bit.
  13. superman

Can I Make A Fuge For Under $50?

I think that you can be right around $50, but would need to use an aquaclear 110 (cheap on ebay, about $35) and a fluorescent daylight bulbe and a light fixture that clamps onto the tank. Here are pics of my modded aquaclear 110
  14. superman

Here is a little video demo I put together today when I was drilling my 150 gallon show tank. It is pretty informal, and was done with my nokia cell phone so please forgive the choppy quality. http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_961740_Superman_s_Glass_Drilling_Demo.htm?tc=997912 For those...
  15. superman

$6 wave maker!!!!

That is an awesome DIY, where did you get the idea to do this?