Recent content by stuart007

1. S

Warranty on aquarium equipment

While I don't totally disagree with you, unfortunately your word processor and spreadsheet will not remind you when your warranty is about to expire. It's a great reminder feature for the 99% of us that procrastinate about taking in a broken item and end up missing the end of the warranty...
  2. S

Warranty on aquarium equipment

Found a great site to keep track of all the warranties that come with all my aquarium supplies I purchase. Just thought I'd share. https://www.warrantyelephant.com/
  3. S

Anyone do any diving in Ft lauderdale area?

Wondering if you could send me that info as well. I'll be there in March. Thanks
  4. S

CO2 emissions put corals at risk

Corals at risk
  5. S

Direct Print Printers

I would check the ink cartridges first. It depends on how red 'too red' is, but it will not likely have much to do with your monitor. Unless your monitor setting and/or graphics display driver are "way off", it won't matter. And most likely if the display was that far off, you'd notice it...
  6. S

Two new fish species a week

106 New Species
  7. S

Its The Great Pumkin

Not quite finished, but getting there.
  8. S

Photo of the day

Travis writes: Are you saying I need it? Most definitely not!!! :-)
  9. S

Photo of the day

Travis, Thought you might find this site interesting, if you don't already know about it. Special software for editing images. Image Editing Software
  10. S

copy off certification....

Try this link for info Replacement Cards
  11. S

Who wants a canon 10d?

Keep in mind that it is a factory reconditioned camera, not a new one. And who knows how well they reconditioned it. Overstock.com Scams Consumers Don't buy any re-condition item from overstock
  12. S

how do you post...

Well, that is not exactly true. While most GIF implementation only support 256 colors there are some that can do more than that. So, really it is the implementation of the program that saves as a GIF which must reduce it to 256 colors, and hence the loss of information. It is not the GIF format...
  13. S

how do you post...

btw, i noticed your picture of the rectangles was a GIF. That is a good choice for pictures like that, and will compress way better than jpegs. It is also lossless. jpg's are great for real life photos while GIFS are good for computer art or diagrams, where there a lots of areas of the same color.
  14. S

how do you post...

Ahh, you're probably correct. Sorry. I got confused because he said that he could manually resize the picture but that didn't change the file size either. Not sure....
  15. S

how do you post...

That's quite odd. Even with the lowest compression of jpg, you should still get better results than a bmp. If you want, you can send me the pic and I can save it as a much smaller jpg. seddsoftware@hotmail.com