Recent content by starktw

1. S

DianaKay's RSM 250

Hi Diana, I saw that you installed the life reef sump/fug kit from lifereef last year. How has it been and how has the protein skimmer? I just ordered it for delivery in late December. Is there anything you would change on it or modify or is it just great the way it is? Trevor
  2. S

RO/DI questions

I've had a ro/di system as long as I've had my tank. Do have some questions though. I am on well water so there is no chlorine in my water. Is there a need to have the carbon block with no chlorine present? I've read a lot online about well water having high co2 and that this co2 causes...
  3. S

A year and a half since the steve's led conversion

Thanks bigalo7 and others for the resonses When bringing new corals home what is a good light acclimation process. I seem to have a difficult time with new corals. Is this maybe due to the transition from other types of lighting at the lfs to my led lighting. I get a lot of bleaching out...
  4. S

good to here. Too late for me though. Guess I could purchase a new hood with the old T5 bulbs
  5. S

so the kit I installed has 28 - Luxeon ES 3 Watt LEDs - Royal Blue and 28 - Luxeon ES 3 Watt LEDs - Neutral White for a Total of 56 LEDs - Roughly 168W, Equivalent to over 700 watts of Metal Halide light they claim. If the led lights are at 100%. I am set right now at a little under 1/2 of...
  6. S

Well I haven't been on for a while. The past year has been a depressing struggle to keep corals alive after my led conversion. At first I started off at 50% power but over the next several months increased them too quickly. and lost or stunted most everything. I then dropped them back down...
  7. S

RSM 250 LED conversion starts tomorrow

I'm in agreement with you that the install directions leave a lot to be desired. Steve's LED's seems to assume you are an electrician. Someone like myself who knows nothing about this kind of Stuff, some better directions would be very helpful. The typhoon controller directions were lacking...
  8. S

last chance, post led conversion
  9. S

mabe it will work this time. post led conversion
  10. S

post conversion pic pre conversion pic
  11. S

RSM 250 Return Flow

Excited to see How they work for you, Pioneer on.
  12. S

Steve's LEDs

Thanks
  13. S

Didn't know the heat sink fans would stay on when the lights were off so I didn't hook them up to the timer, oops