Recent content by solomon146

1. S

Bubble Tip Anemone Help!

So I started out with just one, now they have split into so many I can't count. If I were to guess i'd say I have around 30 baseball sized rose bubble anemones. Well this is a problem for my non-clownfish as well as the fact that i'd like to have a reef tank. So I am looking to either sell...
  2. S

Moving a Red Sea Max 250

i need to temporarily move a RSM250 to install new hardwood flooring, and will be going back in the same place in just a couple days. Has anyone done this or have any advice? Can it be jacked up somehow from the top of the cabinet with some sort of pallet jack and moved all at once? I will empty...
  3. S

is my anemone trying to split?

i don't believe that is the mouth as i can see through that hole and i don't know what could have damaged it. This morning it appears to almost completed its split i will get some pics later. I haven't seen any smoke coming from it
  4. S

is my anemone trying to split?

its been looking terrible for about a week, i can't tell if its trying to split and having a hard time or worse? http://vid1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/dsal76/20150829_145734.mp4
  5. S

LED fixture

I also have Steves on my RSM250 and am very happy with them, although their customer service is a joke and not sure I want to give them any more of my money. Unfortunately I don't think I can make this work on the JBJ since I am running topless because of the overflow installed in the back going...
  6. S

LED fixture

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I want something with an integrated dawn to dusk cycle. I plan on keeping just zoo's and mushrooms for corals, but also have a mini-maxi anemone and would eventually like to get a bubble tip. The tank is a JBJ nano cube 24 gallon, dimensions are 15" x 17" x 15"...
  7. S

LED fixture

Can anyone recommend a good LED fixture for a 24 gallon tank reef tank?
  8. S

Steve's LEDs - New Sponsor

your customer service needs to improve 110% and the instructions for building your LED setup is awful. I would recommend people not buy your products.
  9. S

Blue Tang in a RSM C-250?

that is what I have, and he is about 4.5-5" long I'd say. I don't believe he has grown at all since I got him almost 5 years ago. Seems very happy and healthy. Do fish suddenly have a growth spurt? I agree 10" would definitely be too big. I have a blue-yellow tailed damsel that's been in the...
  10. S

Blue Tang in a RSM C-250?

I've kept a chocolate tang (not sure if that is the correct name, but that is what it was sold to me as) in my RSM250 for almost 5 years now and he is doing very well. No issues with the 2 clowns and damsel he is with.
  11. S

What fish, coral, or invert have you most regretted adding to your tank?

Kenya tree, grows like a weed and will take over a tank if you let it. I'm constantly trimming it back and removing its little babies
  12. S

Two Tanks, One Refugium?

good point i hadn't thought about the sump overflow if power went out. I may still be ok since i've had the power go out before and the sump wasn't close to overflowing, but with two tanks that could be an issue. I may have to increase the size of the sump.
  13. S

Two Tanks, One Refugium?

i was actually thinking the opposite; that it would be easier to sync two pumps. My existing tank has an overflow which feeds into the refugium so i was thinking if i got the same size tank and the same overflow, it might work with 2 returns. But then again, if i split the return line into 2...
  14. S

Two Tanks, One Refugium?

So right now i have a 24 Gal reef tank with 10 Gal refugium. I have been wanting to set up a species tank. Would it be possible to have both tanks overflowing into the one refugium? I think it will be feasible but not sure how difficult it would be having 2 separate returns and matching the...
  15. S

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

i have one and it is a very pretty fish and extremely active. I had a pistol shrimp at one time which went missing but i'm not sure the wrasse was responsible. Lives peacefully with a tang, 2 clowns and a damsel. I would love to pair him with a female because i hear they actually flash. Mine...