Recent content by Silverhawk

1. S

Desperately need advice - please!

DaveK: Thanks VERY much. I'll check the hot link as soon as I can but in the meantime: Your mention of carbon - are you discouraging it's use? I used to use it all the time, then read some were suspicious that it was causing issues . . . so I backed off of using it. On the stray voltage -...
  2. S

Desperately need advice - please!

Oh I hope someone with more experience than I have can please help me. I'll attach fotos to show the issue I'm having with a very simple - but very personally important - fish that is having an issue I'm not able to arrest or alleviate. Obviously a Yellow Tail Damsel. Yes, her tail is gone...
  3. S

Do fish sleep?

Thanks for everyone's input on my question - I do appreciate it. I love watching the fish - it's mesmerizing . . . like watching a campfire. And I'm a 'nite owl' . . . so sometimes I find I'm enjoying their movements and behavior at 2:00 AM! At about that point I've often had the thought that...
  4. S

Do fish sleep?

I'm relatively new to running a saltwater aquarium, but I'm giving it a 100% effort. I hope those of you with experience won't mind giving me a hand from time to time with some questions I'm certain to have. One came up last night: Do (saltwater tropical) fish sleep? Put another way, do they...