Recent content by sgtmet154

1. S

Missing sand sifting starfish

I just go a sand sifting starfish for my 75 gal. tank with a DSB. He was moving all over the tank the 1st night, and when I got up the next morning he was not visible, and I have not seen him since. Should I be concerned, or do they spend a lot of time down in the sand bed? How long should I...
  2. S

R.I.P Bill Cosby

:cry1: It is a bad day for diamond gobies. My beloved Fishie has gone MIA today. I took most of the live rock out and can not find any sign of him in or around the tank.
  3. S

Can new Lights make fish aggresive?

Thanks Dentoid, The temp has stayed around 78-80, same as before. I will bump up the SG. I do not have any corals yet, still getting tank fully set, which I thought I was until last weekend.
  4. S

Very Funny, my wife agrees with you. I am sitting here watching them now and 1/2 hour after I fed them it is like they are still fighting over food, I will feed them a little more and see if that settles them down.:surrender:
  5. S

:smack: OK, I ran the tests: Amonia: 0 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0 PH: 8.2 KH: 240 GH: 180 Specific Gravity 1.0225 I have been missing my goby since Sat., not unusual since he hides in his hole a lot, so tonight I went in to move the rocks and find him, I ended up removing all...
  6. S

I just installed new T5 Lighting on my 75 gal. Tank. (6) 54W t5's - (3) actinic, (3) 10000k daylight. I have (4) green chromis, and (2) clowns, an orange spotted goby, and assorted crabs and snails. Since I installed the lighting, more than tripling my previous lights, the fish have...
  7. S

riceaquatic.com lights

I ordered the light yesterday and it should ship on Monday. I will let you know how it is.
  8. S

riceaquatic.com lights

I do have glass on top of the tank that I plan to keep since I have a diamond goby and they are known jumpers.
  9. S

riceaquatic.com lights

Does anyone have experience with these lights. I am looking to get: 48'' 6X 54 T5 Retro Brand New w/ Bulbs Moon Aquarium for a 75 gallon with a canopy. I want to start getting easy corals. The price seems good, but that usually means something else is wrong.
  10. S

Building a new reef

I bought this tank 10 years ago. I had a 90 tall on the same stand in our old house and it broke in the move. I had salt water with live rock for about 6 years total. When my 1st son was born, we converted it to freshwater to save time and money. Last year we had to take the tank down to get...
  11. Tank Stand and Canopy

Tank Stand and Canopy

12. Tanks Shots

Tanks Shots

13. S

Building a new reef

Thanks
  14. S

Building a new reef

Hi, I have recently gotten back into the hobby. I have a 75 Gallon drilled tank with about 60 lbs. of rock. The rook is from when I had the tank set up 8 years ago and was put in storage after kids came along. I set the tank up with about 4-5" of live sand and crushed coral. I currently...