Recent content by sapeterson

1. sapeterson

My 6 gallon Fluval Edge build

Very Nice, I will be setting the Fluval Edge 6 gallon up after I move. This tank is awesome looking
  2. sapeterson

Kyle's 75g Elite Reef Tank

Very Nice looks Great
  3. sapeterson

Clove polyps wont open, don't know why?

Boy I should have read that post before I sent it I am all over the place LOL
  4. sapeterson

I will get my salinity down I am working on a Ato this week. I do not use Kalkwasser. I have been testing my pH about every 12 hours. I use a refractometer, I just got a new one the old one got dropped and kicked around by the cat all night. The pH has been 8.2 pretty consistantly. I use a...
  5. sapeterson

actinics are on for 10hrs and 10000k and on for 8hrs
  6. sapeterson

Lighting is T5 3 actinic and 1 10,000k. Sg 1.026, Calcium 480, Temp 81, Mag 1300, Alk 9, Phos .25, Nitratate 0, Strontium 10
  7. sapeterson

I just purchased 2 days ago A nice frag of clove polyps and they have not opened yet. The system is running great and all water parameters seem to be in line but they will not open. They look like they are opening a little bit but they never open. they are in low to medium flow and are about...
  8. sapeterson

FX5 Media What to use?

Hello, everyone I am starting out and have a FX5 that I got used for a good price. I was wondering the best media to be used in each basket. It will be running on a 90 gallon with sump/refugium, sump is about 30 gallon. No protein skimmer as of yet. This system is not running yet just want...
  9. sapeterson

Sump question.

I built my own sump there are many different designs on line and on youtube... It did not take much and it did not cost much. Good Luck
  10. sapeterson

Where to drill holes for overflow?

Scott Thats where I am thinking about putting. The one that I have has 1" teeth. Thanks
  11. sapeterson

Its a older tank and it is tempered glass on the bottom, so no such luck o drilling the bottom. I will be putting the overflow on the back left side and I think I will be placing the top of the box flush with the lip on the plastic trim, is this ok or should i lower it a little bit. Thanks for...
  12. sapeterson

Tank height is 24" With 1" Plumbing
  13. sapeterson

I am going to have 2 1" bulkheads draining to a sump/refugium. Should the holes be center on the box or lower in the box?
  14. sapeterson

I was just wondering where is the best place to drill the 2 holes for my 1800gph overflow and how far the overflow box should be down from the top of the tank?
  15. sapeterson

Surface Skimmer

My overflow is 1800gph in a 90g tank to my sump/refuge my return pump is rated for 1654gph and of course is adjustable. I am drilling holes for the overflow in the upper right back corner. 2=1inch holes. I never thought about PVC I have plenty of it laying around up to 8". Thats a great idea.