Recent content by SaltyTemple

1. SaltyTemple

red algea Id..picture

it's pretty though, I would recomend a tuxedo urchin, they eat and move coraline, I had something similar, more brown, but my urchin eats it up like a good boy. :)
  2. SaltyTemple

What kind of anenome?

To me, it's pretty clearly aipstasia. If you have an appropriate environment, pepermint shrimp are a great way to naturally remove those pests before they spread. If you do consider a pep shrimp, I would suggest getting a bigger one as the young ones aren't so swift at munching those anemones...
  3. SaltyTemple

Salty has landed

Hi, I stumbled across this forum looking for information about adding an auto top off valve to my sump. I've done a TON of reading recently and have applied my learned knowlege to applied trial with a 125 gallon reef with 33 sump. I have been scouring many forums for some time, this...
  4. SaltyTemple

New stuff for Jiddy

The orangy worm with the feathery head sounds like a Christmas Tree worm. They are beneficial but don't do well in tanks. Does it look like this? http://www.schwarzachangler.de/wallpaper/wallpaper_christmas_tree_worms_1024.jpg
  5. SaltyTemple

Another pod ?

I would suggest a refugium - with a "grow" light, some Chaeto and some rubble rock. It becomes a regular love fest and the little pods love it! I have a two gallon fuge for a 125 and my mandarin is a happy little camper. If you don't want to add a fuge, I would suggest partitioning your sump...
  6. SaltyTemple

Xenia fragging advice needed

Re: zenia fragging advice needed FYI - Stinky Stinky!!! When you peel the Xenia's off the rock they WILL make your hands VERY VERY SMELLY!!!! It is also quite difficult to wash the stink off. In case I didn't mention it, Xenia = Stinky. :)