Recent content by saltwaterdreams

1. saltwaterdreams

Ricordia and Calcium?

Thanks everyone for the replies :-) I appreciate the help and information!! :yup:
  2. saltwaterdreams

Ricordia and Calcium?

We just put a couple frags of Ricordia Florida in our tank and we were wondering if we needed to add calcium supplements to our water or not? Thanks!!
  3. saltwaterdreams

Northern Wisconsin - NWRS Frag Swap June 2009!

If we have nothing to trade can we come anyway to buy? We live in Superior, WI, about 4.5 hrs away, they should make the trip ok right? Thanks
  4. saltwaterdreams

Selling everything

Do you have any fans? And is the Fluval gone? Thanks
  5. saltwaterdreams

Very strange Amonia reading..

We have had the rock curing for a week now. It did spike in Ammonia but we tested it last night and it is back down to 0. Is this ok to put in our tank now? It seems like that went fast, curing for only a week? Thanks
  6. saltwaterdreams

Ocean Pro Aquatics

Has anyone done business with them and how would you rate them? Thanks
  7. saltwaterdreams

A little advice please

My husband and I are relatively new to the hobby, ok, really new. We got our 75 gallon tank around October 2008 and in March everything we had in it died within a week. Our LFS said we had a parasite. Since we have bought a UV Sterilizer and we have "made" a refugium (are thinking about putting...
  8. saltwaterdreams

Lighting for a soft coral tank

The light is on back order so hopefully it will get here soon. We will be getting our LR in a day or two, then we have to cure it for awhile:-( But we are super excited to put the corals in once we can. We just bought 2 mollies and put them in our tank to make sure that our water is good...
  9. saltwaterdreams

Thank you for the suggestion. We ended up getting a high output nova extreme pro. We are hoping that will work. Thanks
  10. saltwaterdreams

Unknown Algae?

We have a small white "things" growing on the sides of our tank. They are all by themselves (but there are a ton of them) and almost look like a feather duster but on the sides of the tank and they are white and very small. They are in the shape of an asterisk * pretty much. Any ideas?
  11. saltwaterdreams

That would be great if you know of a cheaper one that is still a good light for us. Thanks!
  12. saltwaterdreams

We used Melafix and Pimafix for 7 days. And we also got a UV sterilizer.
  13. saltwaterdreams

We were afraid that we would not have enough:look: We appreciate all the comments!! The place that we bought our set-up has been pretty good to us we thought, but I have a feeling they are misleading us. Their tanks look great but we have had no luck. We had a fish only tank and all the fish...
  14. saltwaterdreams

My husband and I are planning on making our 75 gallon tank a soft coral reef tank and just having a few fish and some cleaners in it. We have two of these lights 48" Coralife Saltwater Aqualight T5 Dual Lamp Fixture will that be enough? Thanks