Recent content by Roudy

1. R

130D skimmer hose connector

Sold my 130D tonight and as I was taking out the protein skimmer, the air hose got bumped. I guess the plastic where it connected was too brittle, the little bit of force snapped it right off. The buyer took it anyway, but I said I'd do some research. Is it possible to purchase just this...
  2. R

how know when to change filter? what buy?

just rinsed it and I'm feeling good -- will make sure its at least weekly from now on. Any other regular maintenance beside water changes that are suggested?
  3. R

3 Ocellaris ok?

thanks for the tips. I've got enough room for 1 more -- do you think I can do that so there can be 2 pairs or just see what happens with the 3? The biggest has the lest compelling colors, so I want to make sure both the other 2 have a chance.
  4. R

3 Ocellaris ok?

thanks ... but what does that mean?
  5. R

3 Ocellaris ok?

I've got 3 juvenile Ocellaris right now. They all 3 enjoy being around each other. Is this ever going to be a problem? Will eventually 2 pair off and leave the other one? or event get territorial on him?
  6. R

Thanks Nano. I'll just do that -- I would have assumed this would kill some of the beneficial bacteria. Not the case?
  7. R

my latest paramters

Trying to get everything in order so I can start doing Mushroom Corals soon. My parameters today: PH: ~8.2 Alkanality: 3.6 Nitrate: 0 Ammonia: 0 - (excited about this, I thought there would be some in there :)) Nitrite: .1 ppm I fill like everything is good but the Alkalinity. Do you...
  8. R

so as I've stated previously, I purchased an established Red Sea max 34 gallon in October. I haven't changed the filter yet, but I do the regular water changes & my parameters look good except for the PH. How do I know when it will be time to change the filter? The guy I bought it from...
  9. R

Added new clown fish - others are territorial

well thanks everyone -- turns out the re-homing was easy. I probably should have asked for a little more, but I got enough for an extra Ocellaris & that works for me.
  10. R

Electric blue gets new home!

I had one crabbed get eaten while he was out. How do you avoid that?
  11. R

vlamingi/blue spot naso

awesome fish. How big is your tank?
  12. R

guess I'll rearrange the rocks for the evening. That is about as pro-active as I can be right now.
  13. R

identifying fish species

forward the email to a browser based email address and then right click on the image in a browser -- there should be an option to download the image (there are easier ways, but this should be straight forward). after that upload it to wherever you normally upload pictures (blogger, flikr etc).
  14. R

I thought this might be your answer. My Clarkii's mug shot is already on the internet for sale. How long do I have before this becomes an issue for the new fish? Do you think it will survive until the weekend or should I quarantine it now?
  15. R

I bought an established setup (35 gallon) in October and the fish it came with are: 1 Clark's Clown 1 Clown goby Today I added 1 Amphiprion ocellaris and as expected the Clark's is not being agreeable to him. What should I do? Do I need to get rid of (sale / give away) the Clark's...