Recent content by rod

1. R

Moving critters need a new home

In Iowa. Sorry for not getting the recent pictures of the tank up. We could not find the right camera cable to upload them from the camera. The neighbors Nephew took all of the fish. He is just got his tank started recently and so he wanted the fish.
  2. R

Moving critters need a new home

Hi everyone. I posted here last year. My son brought me a salt water tank. We are going to be working on the road and my Ocean family needs a new home. I have three Yellow Tangs, a Purple and Yellow Wrasse, the Bright Blue Fish, Two Large Serpent ? Star Fish (these guys have their own rocks they...
  3. R

Do starfish breed?

Thank you Robert very nice link.
  4. R

Do starfish breed?

The starfish were all tangled together under the rock so I got the camera. Soon one of the starfish departed quickly. Do they breed?
  5. starfish_004_Small_Web_view

starfish_004_Small_Web_view

Starfish exit.
  6. starfish_002_Small_Web_view

starfish_002_Small_Web_view

Starfish get together. Not sure what they were doing under that rock together.
  7. R

Anemone Club!

Re: Carpet club! These are beatiful. One pet store had five of those beautiful green ones for $37.00 last week. They were very large. They were all gone within a few days. So I missed getting one on friday when we went shopping.
  8. R

Starfish help

Sorry for your loss. We have two like that under big rocks. One lost a leg the other day while moving things around to accomadate the new stuff son got me. It seems to be doing okay so far. I have hopes it will heal okay.:tears:
  9. R

Mothers day presents early

Thank you Frankie I will look for some. I gave them some broccoli and they like to pick at that. The Tangs pick at everything in the tank especially whatever is new. They have ever since son got them last year. Son offered to take them back to the pet store. Thing is I am getting somewhat...
  10. R

Crabs breeding? or fighting?

Thank you. I will watch them to make sure they get enough to eat.
  11. R

I did some more checking online. These require lots of bottom type feeding. Some people use their filter dregs and other simply stir the substrate around them, plus target feed them. It appeared a fifty fifty on the notes for success in keeping them. Several notes stated theirs have in the past...
  12. R

The one that is dead is a third one, not sure where his shell is? The two shells still have the crabs in them. It was an hour between these pictures. The third one was ate? or gone anyhow. The first bigger one was still on the smaller second one. It was entertaining to watch with the exception...
  13. R

Saw this little crab dead about an hour ago. Did not see it's shell. Notice larger crab on smaller crab. So I took another picture. Are they breeding or fighting?
  14. R

Found a new critter on the base of the coral. Is this a slug?