Recent content by RiverRay

1. R

pencil or long spine

I was told that the pencil urchin is better than the black long spine. But when I asked what's the difference between the two. My lfs didn't really have a really good reason. the only one is that the pencil isnt poisonous. I've been stung by my black spine several times and all happened was alil...
  2. R

Nudibranch?

i just bought a bubble tip anemone. just so happens the day that i put it in my tank it split over night and now i have two. but during that time i noticed that i have little bugs in my tank. i know its a nudibranch i think but im not sure if its the good or bad kind. <a...
  3. R

250W MH Bulb??? yes?

my 20L is 30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 12 3/4 and my 55g is 48 1/4 x12 3/4 x21 my nem has been in my tank for at least 6months and doing fine. it sits by my window to get more light. ph nitrates and everything is normal. nothing wrong with water also skimmer is working just fine. everything is...
  4. R

250W MH Bulb??? yes?

right now its a 20g long. it was my starter tank to lern more before shutting it down and upgrading to my 55g tank that i has nothing in it. was a random fw but thinking about adding it but before i do i want to know if the light is a good size for the 20long and the 55. plan on addig LED in the...
  5. R

250W MH Bulb??? yes?

im thinknig about shutting down my T5 fixture and upgrading to a 250W 10K MH Bulb system. just wanted to know if this is a good power for an upgrade? thanks to anyone who can give me info! :)
  6. R

Domino Damsel meets bubble anemone

here it is. i only see him really in there at night since i work alot. really hard to get a shot as soon as i move the domino flips out lol you can see my clown fish at the very bottom. ill try to get a shot in the morning. usually in the morning my nem is the biggest and they both are right...
  7. R

Domino Damsel meets bubble anemone

ok... i kept looking and havent found any info if this is normal or not. but my Domino Damsel seems to go in the green bubble anemone.. and the sting doesnt seem to bother him in anyway... also my clown and damsel seem to also share the anemone like they are of the same species.. this just seems...
  8. R

JellyFish

than i guess this one wont do so well in my reef tank... that sucks... i always liked and wanted one. i guess i leave that to the oceans works lol it was only 15$ so if it was short lived it wasnt like i was loosing much
  9. R

JellyFish

ah thank you for that info!
  10. R

JellyFish

i was at my LPS and i came across a Upside Down Jellyfish. i tried looking up some info on them but didnt really get much. but before i buy i was just wondering if anyone would have some info on it? kinda tied up with work alot so only have night to look. get tired so ya... any info would be...
  11. R

Potential stings and poisons in our reef tanks!!

awesome info! worth watching!
  12. R

reef octopus

i keep my place at about 73F all year round. my tank sits right up against the window for more lighting. i dont think my T5 fixture is enough and it seems to do a great job. i wasnt sure if should either get a MH or LED since ive heard great reviews on both. just wanted to know which one would...
  13. R

reef octopus

i currently have a 20g long sw reef tank im learning on before i go bigger. i decided to build a sump for it. it will also be a 20g long tank. but before i start the process i was looking at what protein skimmer i should get. i found this one Reef Octopus BH 100SS i know reef octopus is...
  14. R

What is this?

live rock can be interesting :) i love buying live rock when i need it because so many new things awaits you. i got a really cool surprise in one of my live rocks the other day. i went to add the new rock in and as i did a few hours later i noticed a whole new fish in my tank. looked him up and...
  15. R

The 200+ Club

thank you moto! i will get more info on the tank and let you know more details about it. i dont know of any glass shops around me but ill check again because im not really sure. well if the holes can be sealed and fixed for a good price ill be sure to get this tank. my friends neighbor is...