Recent content by Richard 1

1. Richard 1

Hello Again

I've been gone awhile and I thought I'd check in to see what's happening. I got in the hobby back in 1985 reef tank wise and fresh water since 1970. I know you guys like pictures so hopefully I sent it correctly. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  2. Richard 1

water change question

Sounds like your going through a mini cycle caused by the death of something. Fitofansami gave you some great advice, don't do too many things at once,you'll just make matters worse. Nature balances itself. Just stay with water changes. Dilution is your best friend.
  3. Richard 1

Need help with my coral

It's an adolescent pipe organ coral
  4. Richard 1

Flow

I also have a 75g mix and I've been using the nano wavemaker for about 3 months now and I'm very pleased with it. Great wave action and it will kick up a bunch of junk out of your rocks at first, in fact my sps were not too happy with it at first but after 1 day I got great polyp extension.
  5. Richard 1

New price on AI super blue

thats where I found it.
  6. Richard 1

New price on AI super blue

I was shopping for lighting for my new 75 gal and was wanting the AI leds since I have them on another tank and they have reduced the price from 529.00 a unit to 399.00 a unit...if anyone is in the market for new lights...
  7. Richard 1

QT/Dipping a clam?

PSU4ME, I was just trying to help you if LFS guy didn't handle the clam properly. I started keeping reef tanks in the 80's and had a few clams over the years. Since the helpful exchange of knowledge and experience isn't appreciated by some people I'll keep my comments to myself. Good luck with...
  8. Richard 1

QT/Dipping a clam?

I wasn't kidding...its an old trick...since I'm old I know about it...place a clam in your tank on a rock slanted at a 45 degree angle that will cause any bubbles trapped to be released.
  9. Richard 1

QT/Dipping a clam?

I know this will sound stupid but if you expose the clam to air just burp it. I've done it before, just tilt the clam underwater and an air bubble will come out if you got air in it.
  10. Richard 1

Frogman's 90 gallon no sump mixed reef

I'm impressed. Very natural looking with the macro algae and mature coral colonies.
  11. Richard 1

external overflow box question

Sounds good to me.
  12. Richard 1

external overflow box question

I take it that the box would be assembled with weldon? I would be concerned with the pressure from the weight of the water in the overflo on the bulkheads causing an eventual leak in those areas, but I'm paranoid like that.
  13. Richard 1

29G - A New Beginning!

I've been thread lurking here as I have a 29g also and I'm using 2 koralia 550's and 1 AI Sol Super Blue module over it and you will love it when you get it
  14. Richard 1

AI Sol Blue Lighting Schedule

Well that is easy enough. I know that you have to be careful with this light especially with anything under the 40 optics. I saw somewhere that they are really easy to replace.