Recent content by rhogeo

1. rhogeo

Hi BlackBeltMom. I live in Charlotte, and am going to sell my entire aquarium setup. Since I...

Hi BlackBeltMom. I live in Charlotte, and am going to sell my entire aquarium setup. Since I am so attached to it, I want it to go to a good home, preferably to experienced reef keepers. I would like to post it on the RASOC forum. Do you think that would be ok? Geoff
  2. rhogeo

Installed Steve's LED's

How do you like them on your tank?
  3. rhogeo

Diatoms? What is this?

Still having some issues with this brown algae. I meant to mention that this tank is about 6 years old. I took a video of the algae a while ago and thought I'd post it to make sure I'm identifying it correctly. http://vid143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/rhogeo/Tank_diatoms_112614.mp4
  4. rhogeo

Jesse & Kirsten's RSM c250 upgrade

+1 Great advice..
  5. rhogeo

Replacement Skimmer For C130

I'm running the Aquamaxx HOB-1 Hang on Back skimmer. I've been very happy with it's performance over the last 12 months.
  6. rhogeo

Drilling a RSM 130 - YES YOU CAN

Can't wait to see the finished setup!
  7. rhogeo

Diatoms? What is this?

I've put new lights in (OEM Red Sea bulbs), changed out the filter media (ChemiPure Elite and Purigen) and performed a 20% water change. What is this and how can I eliminate it? It does seem to get worse during the day, less when the lights first come on, more when they are about to go off...
  8. rhogeo

Corals for sale

Don't need any of these right now, but they all look great! Good luck!
  9. rhogeo

Chemi-pure blue

Ran it for a while when it first came out. Back to running CPE since I couldn't tell a difference and I had CPE still sitting around. I would like to see someone write up a review of Blue.
  10. rhogeo

Chillers: is it OK to unplug it in the middle of a cooling cycle ?

This brings up a question I have wondered about. Do you need to periodically clean the chiller somehow? Any kind of maintenance that should be done yearly, monthly, etc?
  11. rhogeo

Cam's RSM 500

:thumber:
  12. rhogeo

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

Agreed 100%. If Red Sea would come up with either conversion kits for existing tanks or even new hoods, a lot of us would jump on it.
  13. rhogeo

Protein Skimmer Opinion for Nano Reef

I have the Aquamaxx Hang on Back skimmer and have been VERY happy with it. It's gotten great review and several people have done videos on youtube for it.
  14. rhogeo

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

I found them! http://shop.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-and-130D-LED-retrofit-kit-RSM130.htm