Recent content by ReefTycoon

1. R

New England Area Meeting with Anthony Calfo!

Frank Marini has been added as a guest speaker ! Frank Marini, Ph. D. - Reefkeeping Online Magazine so if corals aren't your thing maybe the fish are !? LOL well now we have both covered ... come on up/down!
  2. R

well i live about 15 20 minutes from Providence, RI LOL if you are really interested maybe we can work out a car pool .. I live in Taunton, MA :)
  3. R

actually UNE is in Maine :) our friends from SWAM landed that one !
  4. R

I sure hope folks show up LOL this is the first large meeting with a well known speaker we have organized and it would be nice if it was a success and goes smooth ... we'll know in just a few short months ... I myself am very excited :D
  5. R

you're only 16 hours away and gas is down to $1.58 a gallon ! LOL road trip ! j/k
  6. R

first I'd like to say thank you to the Reef Sanctuary staff ! thank you ;) The NHRC (New Hampshire Reef Club) and SWAM (Salt Water Addicts of Maine)Have gotten together to organize a lecture from Anthony Calfo ! It's open to anyone. If you live in the area and feel like going to hear a great...
  7. R

Running Carbon

channeling can be curbed by dialing back the feed with a valve and once a week opening it up full blast for a minute ... IMHO carbon is best run inside a reactor with very low flow .... but there are many opinions on the subject ....
  8. R

skimmers

Skimmers are like cars ... everyone has a favorite and doesn't like the other guy's car lol I'd dig deep and read some product reviews ... for me to recommend one it would be an Aqua C Remora Pro but like i said ... folks tend to have their favorite and it's pretty much a matter of what has...
  9. R

Turbo Calcium HELP!

No .... it will live if you have good water parameters ... that stuff gets hot too when it dissolves IIRC .... so you just chemical burned it lol ..... should bounce back fine .....
  10. R

help with Alk

I forgot to cite my source on the Alk testing that I learned from Greg Hiller President of the Boston Reefers Society ... I forgot to mention that and I couldn't edit the post anymore ... sorry for posting again but I just saw I never let people know where I learned it from ....
  11. R

help with Alk

well yeah lol i used to clean pools so i get it from a local pool supply store .... but yeah no need to be that accurate ... but it is more accurate than almost any test kit i have used... it's how the local reef club up here tests water samples at our local meetings ..... much easier and more...
  12. R

what do you think of this ro?

well i would check with your local water treatment plant to see if the chloramine is even used in your area first ... but yeah good point ! some folks need that, others have wells ..... lol that all depends !
  13. R

help dyed coral

yeah but i was under the impression we had already done that and it was gone .... at least i never see it happen around here at any of our LFSs maybe it's because we are such a blue state ..... lol j/k :)
  14. R

OT: Paris Hilton's ad..

good grief lol I'd move to Canada .... :D
  15. R

actinic lighting

It's pretty much an aesthetic thing... In my experience .... don't throw anything away lol later on you'd be surprised how much stuff you thought was useless all of a sudden becomes part of a DIY project or something lol but that's just me :) I'm kinda a hermit i guess a hoarder am I? ...