Recent content by PicassoTrigger

1. PicassoTrigger

Green Fungia not opening

It's rocking now! :) My angel always picked at it. Once I got rid of the angel, it came out more and more each day. I recentely got an orange one as well and have been feeding once a week, they seem to enjoy the feedings. The orane one was more flat, after some feedings it's a lot bigger now and...
  2. PicassoTrigger

Salifert Alkalinity, Low Resolution Vs. High Resolution

How are the hanna digital meters?
  3. PicassoTrigger

Does anyone know of any really accurate digital meters out there for calcium, alkalinity.... What do the salt companies use to check these parameters?
  4. PicassoTrigger

The results I'm getting from the Salifert Alkalinity test seem to be odd. It's a new test and has a exp. date of 2014. I've noticed if I do the low resolution test I get a higher dKH vs. the high resoltuion test. Which is more accurate? The test using the 4ml sample? I performed the test twice...
  5. PicassoTrigger

Skimmer producing tons of microbubbls after water change

Today I did a water change and it happened again. lol The only thing different was the amount of powerheads. I borrowed a pump from the store last time because they said it might not be mixing well. The thing is I have a 500 gph pump mixing 10 gallons of water, which seems like plenty. Last week...
  6. PicassoTrigger

Coralline algae with white spots

My tank stays 77.2 - 78.3 degrees.
  7. PicassoTrigger

Any thoughts to what this may be? I've even double checked my levels to be sure they are correct.
  8. PicassoTrigger

Reducing Nitrate?

10% here I come. :)
  9. PicassoTrigger

Reducing Nitrate?

I was told salt has trace metals and doing large water changs can cause diatom algae by introducing large amounts at one time. I have no clue if thats true or not. Woud I be better off doing a 10% weekly water change?
  10. PicassoTrigger

Reducing Nitrate?

Nitrate is still at 5 ppm. I've done everything I can think of to reduce it down to zero with no luck. I'm doing 5% water changes weekly and growing macro algae. Using a reef octopus skimmer. The tank has 3 small tangs, hippo tang and two clownfish now. The tank has really good flow. My main...
  11. PicassoTrigger

Well the spots I was talking about were coming from starfish. I've pulled out a good 100. Everywhere the spots were I found a starfish and they were the exact same size in diameter. New Question Within' the past few days I've noticed my coraline algae starting to get very tiny white dots on...
  12. PicassoTrigger

Well after leaving the top off the container and allowing the salt ot mix for 24 hours, my problem has been solved. :) Had to have been something in the salt that wasn't fully dissolved, unless leaving the top off the container did the trick.
  13. PicassoTrigger

Feeding your tangs

I feed my tangs green and purple seaweed 4 times a week, they like to graze, especially if you don't have any algae on your rocks for them to eat.
  14. PicassoTrigger

Acropora & Nitrate

My tank has been set up for 6 months now. I have two plating montiporas and several other corals that are doing really well and have nice color. My question is do I really need my nitrate to be at 1 ppm to successfully keep bright colored acros? I do a weekly 5% water change and my nitrate is...
  15. PicassoTrigger

Yeah, closed container. I've just been snapping the top on around the powerhead cord to keep dust out while mixing. lol Your saying mix it with the top off? Would an airstone help this?