Recent content by pawmjw

1. P

RS Support for Katrina Victims

$25 donated here...RS truly has world class members as shown here. Karma to everyone who helps those in need!!!!
  2. P

CSL MH hood FS in NJ

Will you ship? Do you accept paypal?
  3. P

Calcium Levels

Charts??? I don't want to stress out livestock anymore than they have been...what about bicarbonate??? Worries me due to unknown dosing and unpredictable effects. Will this come down naturally??? Thanks Mike
  4. P

Calcium Levels

Midas...Did a water change, about 40%, still the same readings. Roug...Great Link...Karma to you!!!
  5. P

Disaster has struck!

Gina...hope everything goes well. It is always kinda exciting to redecorate once in a while. At least there was no damage to your home and it sounds like no livestock losses... Good Luck!!! Mark
  6. P

Calcium Levels

I am having a problem with my calcium level. It has been around 585 for two weeks. I haven't dosed any calcium since I discovered it was high but I thought after a few weeks it would drop. Guess not...Is this a longer process if left to naturally happen or should it be chemically adjusted with...
  7. P

Temp. Problems

Thanks for the help Wit...As I have read here many times PLANNING goes a long way! I now firmly believe in the six P's... "Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"
  8. P

Lemonpeel trouble

Does anyone have an opion regarding Lemonpeel Angels in a reef tank. Mine is really irritating me...He picks on the base of my anemone and I just put some coral in (zoo's, pulsing xenia and yellow polyps) which I am worried he will pick on next. His days may be numbered...
  9. P

Temp. Problems

I agree and I had already thought of that. The canopy is only 7 or 8 inches in height and access to the tank is made from two glass lids that sit on top of the canopy. Mounting a retrofit kit would be impossible. I don't think the canopy was intended for a reef setup, rather a freshwater setup...
  10. P

Cyclop-eeze

I am trying this for the first time and am using the whole freeze dried product. There are no instructions on how to feed this to them. I checked the web site and got no where. Does anyone use this product? How much and how is it dosed?
  11. P

Temp. Problems

ok...thanks for the guidance!
  12. P

Temp. Problems

78??? I thought temp range is 72 - 78.
  13. P

frags 4 sale

Brian, I'll let you know what I want this weekend, and of course put the appropriate $$$ in your paypal acct. + $45 shipping. Thanks, Mark
  14. P

Correct water parameters...

Cheeks, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. P

Temp. Problems

I had all the same thoughts regarding the increase in temp. I believed that the water temp. would follow the ambient temp but it didn't. Because I wasn't monitoring the tank temp. it is possible that the temp in the tank had been 85 for a month or longer. Shameful, I know. I did cool it down...