Recent content by Pat

1. P

Micro bubbles from UV Sanitizer

My tank is about two years old. I was more concerned about water flow than anything I guess. I have a lot of coralline algae in the tank and the glass is a job to keep clean. That makes me wonder if the light is even working. Will pull it out and check the bulb. there is so much red crusty algae...
  2. P

Micro bubbles from UV Sanitizer

I have a Crech UV sanitizer in my 30G tank and it emits micro bubbles a lot of the time, but not always. How necessary is it to have a UV sanitizer in this tank? The water conditions always check good. The critters all appear to be very healthy. I also have a protein skimmer, and a HOB carbon...
  3. P

Maroon clown destruction

My tank is almost two years old. I think Lighting might be an issue. Only have a 15w aquarium fixture, and an led fixture. Don't know what the wattage is, but it's visually much brighter than the fluorescent bulb. had a nem in it once. It lived about 6 or 8 weeks, and died. I think the tank was...
  4. P

Maroon clown destruction

Would this digging be an indication that these clowns would host an anemone? I believe the water condition would be ok for one. I have a few zoa's that seem to be doing fine, although a couple of them move around a lot.
  5. P

Maroon clown destruction

Makes sense. I have a pair of Tomato clowns in my 60g tank. they don't stay together, don't mess with the sand and are very shy. Stay hidden in some fake plants most to the time. As long as they don't cave the rocks in, I'll just arrange and give them the end they want. Thanks for the reply
  6. P

30 gallon RSM 130

My coral banded shrimp does not bother the bristle worms. They have no interest in them at all. I have seen him step on a worm and just keep going. Maybe if I stop feeding him, he will eat them. I have seen a lot of small worms in my sand. My sand stays clean though and I think they do a good...
  7. P

Maroon clown destruction

I have two maroon clowns in my 30g tank. The smaller one of the two is continually using his tail to dig into the sand, causing quite a mess. The larger one carries the shells out with his mouth and drops them on the live rock. It undermines the live rock and covers them with fine sand. I was...
  8. P

Black Domino has mark on hs nose

The wound only lasted a few days and went away. So bottom line, when he got wounded, it turned brown...............................?
  9. P

I have to agree. I had another domino, but it died. It turned almost white, hid in the rocks all the time, and finally died. I believe the smaller domino, that I am dealing with now, stressed him to death. I also have a black and white striped damsel, and they get along fine with each other. I...
  10. P

Hi all, MY Black Domino Damsel has a brown mark on his face from the white dot on his forehead, down to almost his mouth. It looks like maybe a wound, but it's brown. He is also been kinda aggressive to the other fish. Not overly aggressive to the point he nips at them, just seems to chase them...
  11. P

Vanishing polyps

Is it possible that they are just hiding in and behind the LR's to where I can't see them? I don't have anything that would devour them. Also, they might be Zoas. I'm new at this and the lfs just referred to them as polyps when I bought the LR.
  12. P

Vanishing polyps

Bought a LR with about 15 polyps on it. After a couple weeks in my tank, they all disappeared except one. Not sure weather their getting eaten, or just hiding. I have 6 damsels, including two clowns, two cleaner shrimp, and a couple crabs. The water perimeters all look good, with the exception...
  13. P

Side-by-side Biocube Refugium

Go to U-Tube and search for DIY sumps. You'll learn all about DIY overflows by video. That's the way I learned and got a good understanding of the siphoning, etc. My sump / fuge are along the side of my DT in a closet with the pipes going through the wall, with a 600 GPH return pump, and an...
  14. P

Name your favorite powerheads and why. GO!

I found the culprit causing the electrical shock in my tank. It was the sump return pump. Replaced it and not signs of electrical current in the system now. I'm sure this is not the intended topic here, but pumps that could cause a shock hazard is part of purchasing a good quality pump.
  15. P

Name your favorite powerheads and why. GO!

Speaking of shocking from pumps. All my pumps are electrifying my two tanks. A 30 and a 50 gallon. I have unplugged them all, and plugged them in one at a time while checking current in the water, and every pump energizes the tank. The fish don't seem to mind, I guess due to like a bird setting...