Recent content by onix

1. onix

mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp and Bristle worn prblem

Well I have a big problem with this aquarium pest. About 3 months ago I buy extra live rock "cured". It look very clean, odorless and make the mistake putting in my aquarium. How I can kill all of this pest. A local fish store tell me, in order to keep the beneficial bacteria in the rock...
  2. onix

RO/DI Waste Water

I don't know if your system is like mine but if you check, that water passes through the first three filters, so it is much cleaner water than you had before. What I did was to connect the wastewater output to the water input using a ( T ). I have good result but you need good pressure and...
  3. onix

need 75g tank

Hi everyone, some body know where to buy a 75g tank with internal overflow. The problem is that I am from Puerto Rico, so maybe the shipping charge killme
  4. onix

RO waste question

I have my unit near the washing machine, so the waste from my RO go direct to my washing machine
  5. onix

A question for electric expert

umm ok thanks for yours opinions
  6. onix

A question for electric expert

Hi I just thinking how many watts x h use a regular 55g reef tank including a 1/10 chiller. The question is to see the probability to make a solar system only to my tank.
  7. onix

help with lights

Hi everyone, I need to make a DIY light project for my 55g tank. I am thinking in 4 x 54w t5 lights. What type of ballast I need?, a good one please and where I can find 4 reflector and the bulbs connector? I can put the ballast outside the canopy? I have to do this projects because I...
  8. onix

I need some suggestions

Ok let me disscus two cases. 1. My aquarium(55g)-- A FOWLR one. I have a AQUA C Removery with mag 5, a 30g sump with ceramic rigns, filter socks, about 50 lb and 1" of sands in both display tank and sump. Also I have Chaeto algae with 100w fluorescence light rate at 6500K. I change the...
  9. onix

Mangrove in Refugium?

Hi, I have 3 mangrove in my refugium but are too big, I can Prune it?
  10. onix

nemo going to refugium and death

I tell my wife don't see finding nemo in front my aquarium
  11. onix

remora pro question

Hi my friend I have the same skimmer and same pump and I don't have this problems. Are you using some produce to eliminate the chlorine. In the past with a sea-clone skimmer I had your problems and was the stress coat. And in this skimmer I think that is not possible to reduce the air flow. If...
  12. onix

siphon or not the sand

Hi, my tank is set up about 1 years and have in the main tank a DSB of 4" approximately. I never siphon the sand, just stir and vacuum all the debris I can. My nitrates always are in 20 ppm. In past days a paid for a clean service $70 to my tank, just to see how they do. The only think that...
  13. onix

odyssey skimmer ps160 setup?

hi everyone, I need some instruction on how setup my skimmer. I don't know how to conect the "U tube" to the pump. I want tu use it in hang on mode Thanks Cesar
  14. onix

I need cheato algae

Hi, some body can sell me some cheato. I am from Puerto Rico and here I don't find it. Please check the shipping to Puerto Rico and lets me know Thanks, Cesar
  15. onix

light help

I suggest to him this one but he tell me that is out of budget ODYSSEA 72" 384W Aquarium Power compact light+6 Lunar - (eBay item 300161893902 end time Oct-22-07 21:55:32 PDT)