Recent content by Oliver D

1. O

My clams

Some more pics
  2. O

pearl oysters

My advice to you add about 5 litres off natural sea water to your tank every week or two this will supply enough phtoplankton for them ,depending where you life if on the Med coast add less as the water is more dirty and the phyto is more concentrated if in Eilat add more as there is less phyto.
  3. O

HELP! Hermit crab

Hermit crabs do molt according to what i just read on A other forum.M y hermits also climb all over my corals and dont really do any damage to them,so i would not be to worried about it if i was you.
  4. O

Are urchins reef save?

I ve put them in the sump for now or at least until i decide what to do with them.
  5. O

Water mixing container

Thks for that advice I* will do that with the new RODI container that I just got.
  6. O

Are urchins reef save?

One is id as a Red Sea pencil urchin the other one is unknown we find them all over rocks and the reefs here
  7. O

Are urchins reef save?

I ve got two urchins in my tank.One i a pencil urchin the other one is one i found in some rocks near my house.Is it safe to have them in my tank or should I get rid of them?
  8. O

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

You ve got one very beautiful tank ,it is a pleasure to look at it.
  9. O

stupid question

Stupid question any one here run there sump with nothing in except filter wool in the compartment before the skimmer witch is changed every week with a 10% water change and dosing No-Pox,Someone runs a system like that here and claims zero nitrates and phosphates.
  10. O

My clams

In total I sent 6 dollars US on them
  11. O

My clams

thks
  12. O

My clams

Just a few photos of my T.Maxima clams.I have 6 of them ,4 of them where saved in the local fish market the other two come from the coast of Oman
  13. O

Zero Nitrates but high levels of PO4.What should I do to lower the PO4?

My tank has 0 nitrates but i have a high PO4 reading 2.0 on an API test kit .My nitrates are kept down with home made VVS and I am trying to lower the PO4 level with Rowa Phos but to no success. The Rowa Phos has been in for 14 days in a reactor.How long does it normally take to come down?
  14. O

Emergency Battery Backup 2.0 - New and Improved!

This is a industrial UPS that was used as a back up for a server of a bank