Recent content by NYCfishguy

1. N

technical question about Tunze 9004 and 9001 protein skimmers.

rossidad, i miss read that last post. ok you have the 9004, do you use an Auto Top Off , and if so , is it a Tunze. ?
  2. N

Rossidad, thanks for the quick response. Yeah i have a 9002 , its really quiet and all. And the design is simple , which i like. But i recently compared it to a stock skimmer that came with my Red Sea Max system. it uses a needle impeller and makes really dark , smelly, foam. As compared to the...
  3. N

Hi, i would love some insight. If anyones owns one of these two skimmers only!!...im curious if they use a needle wheel impeller or tunze hydrofoamer? My 9002 does not have a needle wheel impeller. And thats what i would like more info on. Of course Tunze site does not get specific. Thanks .
  4. N

Need help with my Tunze 9006 Protein skimmer

Hello I posted this question two months ago in the SW section and got no responses. Let try they equipment section now. Ok have a tunze 9006 skimmer running for three months in a four month old FOWLR tank, its a 54 gal corner tank. So the skimmer needs to be inside the tank. Water level...
  5. N

NOOB Question about my Tunze 9006

Hi, new to SW. 54 Gallon corner fish only setup. ^ weeks old. RO/Di water,65 LBS OF DRY ROCK, Four fish, clown ,dotty back, damsel and green spotted puffer. Anyway running a Tunze 9006 skimmer. Works well makes skimate slowly. Running only 2 weeks . Here is my question. ; When do the micro...
  6. N

Nitrosommas ... question on the chemistry.

Thanks for the replies guys , sorry about the lapse in responding. Sounds good im going to go tfrom the ground up. I also got this crazy idea to repaint the entire stand and tank, thanks again.
  7. N

Nitrosommas ... question on the chemistry.

Does converting to salt water from fresh require all new bacteria? Isn't it the same baceria that breakes down waste wether its salt or fresh ? It seems like all the all the supplements to add new bottled bacteria says for FW and SW. I ask because i would hate to "kill off " all the bacteria...
  8. N

Need advice on an in-tank skimmer...

Wow, 9006 is 100 bucks more. OK im curious it looks like the 9004 draws water in from the the grate in the front or is that the return? . In other words does water level matter when its working. OR WOULD I NEED AN AUTO TOP OFF NOW to make this all work. I have a small triangle behind the glass...
  9. N

Great tunze 9004, is any one running this one? is the 9002 to small for a fowlr 54 gallon ?
  10. N

Hey everyone , curious. Want to go FOWLR on my 54 gallon corner tank , cant drill bottom it tempered, will run two cans instead. I am thinking about an in-tank skimmer for DOC. Need advice on two models 1) hydor slim skim or 2) remora by Aqua C (which im not even sure is in-tank design.) Any...
  11. N

Hello new to SW, Can i drill temperd glass ?

Got it thanks for everyones advice, love this forum.
  12. N

How do over flows work ? in other words if the power fails does it continue to flow out ? Drill the side hum...I will ckeck those youtube videos. My reason for thinking sump is the need for protien skimming, or can i get away with the wet/dry can and a second can for mech/chemical ?
  13. N

Hello everyone, I have been caring for FW fish for many years. I am slowly evolving into SW. I have a RSM 130 D thats sits dry because i thought i was moving when i bought it and now a year later it still sits dry. It will eventually get filled and will be my mini reef tank. My question today...
  14. N

What is an MP10 ?

Yes, I assumed there are wires somewhere, I was reffering to the split design, half in the tank half outside. Thanks for the info on purchase location. Nano reef thanks for the video, Ian , appreciate the input, thanks..
  15. N

What is an MP10 ?

Awesome, where is the best place to purchase it ? And which controller do you guys use ?