Recent content by novanosis

1. novanosis

UV bad for corals?

Oh uv light for filtration.... doh! :)
  2. novanosis

UV bad for corals?

Some uv is good for coloring up corals. If it was a lot of uv it can be damaging.
  3. novanosis

Mag and Byropsis

Tech M worked for me. Mine died in 2 weeks and I never manually removed it. Mine came in during the cycle so I dosed a lot with no ill effects on my cuc. Have not seen bryopsis in 4 months.
  4. novanosis

starting your nano

What about purigen,chemipure, and phos lock! People will need it!
  5. novanosis

starting your nano

I used dry rock and live rock with great results. Mine is a 28 Nano btw. You forgot to mention that you should not have more than how many fish? % of water changes? Keep our bioballs? Haha
  6. novanosis

amphipod? isopod? household bug?

Also if they are out during the day, then thats a good sign. Just keep an eye out for them.
  7. novanosis

This should be another good place to look. Pill bug species page Marine Pill Bug Â* Â* GnorimosphaeromaÂ*oregonensisÂ* This cute little (3/8 of an inch) critter is a marine relative of the common pill bug that lives under rotting logs and otherÂ*debris on the uplands. Â*Both belong to a...
  8. novanosis

Why is my fish so stupid?

When you see your fish breathing heavily and rapidly, then you will know if its stressed or sick. Did you acclimate the fish correctly?
  9. novanosis

You might be in luck. It might not be the bad isopods known as a parasites. See the ones that are common as the parasitic type have big black beady eyes. Look at the pictures and compare for yourself. I wish you luck! Look here -> Hitch Hiking Copepods, Isopods and Amphipods
  10. novanosis

Which brand of SALT do you use???

Red Sea Coral Pro salt for me. Great mix and great levels!
  11. novanosis

vitamin C

thank you very much, when I get the product I will ask you some questions.
  12. novanosis

vitamin C

can you link this exact vit c that we should use... Thanks
  13. novanosis

Reef Cleaners!!!!

Just got my shipment in today. Everything is alive and well. I ordered 40 Cerith snails, and 20 Nassarius Vibex snails.. Not even going to count it, seems more than I ordered. Thanks John! :bigbounce
  14. novanosis

It was horrible!

I have had crabs and never seen this happen....
  15. novanosis

55 gallon aquarium stand.

and all it took was 2 years!!! wohooo ;)