Recent content by Nightfall

1. N

Fluval Spec V Salt Water Nano Reef

ANd a small vid...couldn't resist. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BCCFC33A40725210!367&authkey=!ANgVm-P1Mgwrc3k&ithint=video%2cmp4
  2. N

Fluval Spec V Salt Water Nano Reef

Got some pics to post for this tank I have not shown yet. Very Happy with it. Had everything cycled over 6 months that went into tank (since February) and still allowed a cycling to be done before adding stuff. Gotta say everything seems happy and...
  3. N

Start of the 20 gallon journey

Ok small update, lost 1 coral so far, one of my aussie torches decided to implode on itself and become a husk. Other is doing fine as are the others. Going to keep things as they are for now, still considering a watchman/pistol combo in tank but if store does not get anything in next couple...
  4. N

DIY 3D Background.

Ok so little late getting last round posted. Just got more quickrete tonight so will have to mix and complete tomorrow then pictures and then will soak and post pictures. SOrry for delays.
  5. N

DIY 3D Background.

Its my genuine pleasure to post these as I do them both to inspire, help out anyone considering doing it themselves, and so they can learn from my initial mistakes. Have 1 more coat to put on before I start the water soaking but the panels I made so far if they all turn out good they are able...
  6. N

DIY 3D Background.

2nd Coat went on tonight, added a bit of coloring.
  7. N

DIY 3D Background.

Ok here is 1st coat, did not do the cave yet going to silicone it together first but waiting to open the tube until ready for more than 1 small piece.
  8. N

New to the world of reefing

I have an even mix of blue hermits and red and a couple scarlet hermits (much larger than normal hermits and shells typically have some coraline growth, at least the lfs here ones do). I have had and witnessed emerald crabs and others attacking my corals (which resulted in a quick trip back to...
  9. N

July's TOTM!

Your tank looks amazing and like every and I do mean EVERY TOTM winners since I joined yours is what I aspire to have for mine to be if I succeed half as well as you all I will be spending even more time looking and admiring my inhabitants and corals and appreciating more the thought of how...
  10. N

DIY 3D Background.

Ok so I have made frag racks, my own rock (helluva lot cheaper here to make for roughly 65 cents a pound vs $11.99+ per pound), so now wanting to try making 3D backgrounds. First have to try sculpting pieces that look plausible. Then coat them with mixtures of cement and then mound onto...
  11. N

Getting there. Months left to go though before all the rock coloring up and ensuring the livestock are in good places. But very very happy with how everything seems to be stable.
  12. N

Well nearing end of another month and time for more pics. Have a video but for some reason Photobucket just won't upload them. If I can get it uploaded will link here.
  13. N

July 16 Full Tank Tour Video.
  14. N

Ok so here we are mid July....time for more photos. Coming along....now trying hand at making 3D backgrounds. Wish me luck....oh and NO it wont be for my 20 it would be for my 3 gallon to start with. Then who knows.
  15. N

Easy Fix Possible or need harder fix or replacement?

True time and effort worth something...more than cost of new tank but I can't afford myself let alone a new tank lol. And 2nd hand I could end up with exact same or worse problems than a small leak. Oh the woes lol! Due to design its going to be alot more major of an undertaking to get...