Recent content by NewburyNewbie

1. N

Online suggestions for anemones?

Any recommendations for anemone online? I saw reefscavengers.com but haven't seen any feedback about them?
  2. N

WTB" 48" retro-fit T5

Looking for decent price 48" retro-fit T5. I live in southern California.
  3. N

Lighting for refugium

Thanks you guys! I guess it's off to Home Depot of Lowe's this weekend! I'm going to put some of small pieces of live rock. Should I put some of the sand as well?
  4. N

Lighting for refugium

I wanted to have microalgae there. I'll have some live rock as well. Does it make a difference which clamp on fixture I use? I think i had one for a red eared turtle several years ago. These are acutally energy efficient?
  5. N

Lighting for refugium

I am trying to make sure I do this as cost effective as possible so that my electric bill doesn't blow up. Won't I need different bulbs like my display tank? How long are lights typically on for the refugium?
  6. N

Lighting for refugium

I have a 28 gallon sump/refugium. At least it will be a refugium soon. Just curious, what type of lighting do you have set up for your refugium?
  7. N

48" T5 retrofit suggestions

I guess the Hamilton is an Aruba.
  8. N

Digital Salinity Tester - Any good?

It's actually for sale at a pet store that specializes in birds and dogs. It's excess inventory and will not order anyomore.
  9. N

A buddy who helped set up my tank would bring his refractometer with him to test. He said don't bother buying one since he had a spare and now can no longer find it. I need to get my own and saw the Digi-Lab 3 in 1 tester. I was jsut curious if they were any good. I found someone on craiglist...
  10. N

48" T5 retrofit suggestions

I decided to incorporate my canopy and get 48" T5 4X54 retrofit for my 80gal. Some have recommended either a Wave Point or Sunlight Supply. One LFS is selling the Wave Point for $289. I walked into another LFS and they use Hamilton retrofits for all their canopy tanks. If they order it, it...
  11. N

I am thinking about picking up one of those Digital handheld salinity, specific gravity, and temperature. Are they any good?
  12. N

Filter sock changes

Bleach is okay to use when washing?
  13. N

Filter sock changes

How often do you change your filter sock in your sump for a clean one? How many should I have on hand? I have an 80gal with a 28 gal sump.
  14. N

1st T5 light purchase advice

How long have you had your lights from them? They look great.
  15. N

1st T5 light purchase advice

Where'd you purchase it from?